GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Doesn’t that dissolve the any distinction between ‘determining factor’ and ‘factor’? If something is a factor in an outcome we can distinguish it from a core factor or a determining factor, i.e. there are two categories of factors that determined the outcome - one significant and one less significant. But if a non-core determining factor enters the equation then what role does an ordinary factor have?

:laughing:

2 Likes

I bet Cian O’Neill didn’t put as much thought into the statement as we have into dissecting a few words of it

Because you would never adopt that approach on a topic would you

What do we know?

what an all time great in the Kerry set up said about him

" a bluffer"

:laughing:

Nigel Dineen has withdrawn from the race to become the next Roscommon GAA Senior Football Team Manager.

In a statement released a short time ago Nigel Dineen said “I have strong reservations about the integrity of the selection and recruitment process and I have raised these concerns directly with the County Board who refused to address them.”

The former Roscommon Under 21 Manager went on to say “I would have no issue whatsoever with taking on any manager in the Country with my expert management team, in a fair, open and transparent recruitment process, but if the playing-field is not level during the process itself what hope is there for a fair/successful outcome.”

“It appears that similar influences are at play behind the scenes in Roscommon County football, which were clearly prevalent at the time of the demise of the previous O’Donnell/McStay joint management structure. This is unfortunate and extremely damaging” added Nigel Dineen. However, what is important now is that a manager be put in place as expeditiously as possible in the best interests of Roscommon football.”

He concluded by thanking the Clubs and people that nominated him and supported in recent weeks and thanked his proposed Management team, which was to include “four former County Roscommon players, of the highest calibre, who know what it’s like to wear the jersey and all share the same passion for Roscommon football as I do”.

Roscommon GAA have not yet commented on whether next week’s planned interviews will proceed.

Meow

1 Like

So, just like every other county board in the country.

He sounds like an awful self regarding cunt.

+1. A thickly veiled dig at McStay, McHale et al.

Fuck off

The county board are not making plans for Nigel.

6 Likes

Nice amount of added pressure on Wanker McStay next year.

1 Like

Being reported McStay had the support of a slight majority of Roscommon players.

Oooft.

He’s in a sticky situation so if that’s being reported

The hotzone as he likes to call it.

1 Like

Banty officially announced as the new Wexford football manager.

1 Like