GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

I hear Niall Moran is back in training.

Earmarked for centre back.

He’s doing the Dublin marathon next year.

Eamon made a serious career misstep moving to Offaly, had he stayed with Kerry this year and reaped the plaudits for his ground work he’d have been in the running for a decent role, maybe even the Cork job.
He quit the Offaly job due to work commitments :smile:
He’s well regarded in Kerry anyway MBB, I think ye might have lucked into a good one, only problem for him is if the players aren’t there he’ll have two black marks on the CV.

He got absolutely dogged out of it after Offaly lost to Westmeath, phonecalls, letters, you name it. He had already ran half the panel for not wanting to do the work, so the locals went to town on him then as the “outsider” mistreating our poor divils, and that he “didnt understand the Offaly way”. The Offaly way is long gone lads. Get with it.

I’m unsure of how things will go with Laois, more retirements since Cheddar left, and one or two possibly to come. He’s got a very young, skillful panel, but they’re raw as fuck, and lacking ballwinners. I wouldn’t be confident, but tbf to the County Board (blesses self as I type it), they got a good appointment and a good team behind him now. They’ve done well in both codes, there can be no excuses really.

1 Like

He would have inherited similar in Kerry and he certainly brought them up a level or two from where they had been.

I think he ate two of them.

Where’s he from?

Ahane, would that sound right?

Ciaran Carey has stepped down as Kerry manager

Thats a surprise i would suggest, especially this late in the year when lads are already in the gym etc.

Was there a better offer or a fall out?

Work commitments apparantly -what does ciaran do for work anyway?

Work commitments is code for a falling out

Strange one.

Get on the case

What fucking surprise. He’s rarely sees out a term with any team.

1 Like

It’s becoming a trend alright

Jack Sheedy appointed as the new manager of St Sylvesters

He firmly commited to the role only a few months ago. Must have been a serious uptick in his work commitments since then. :grinning:

http://hoganstand.com/Hurling/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=260299

He gained some valuable interviewing experience by doing the rounds of lesser county applications.

1 Like