To Mambo’s pal.

When he can’t pick his own selectors :joy::joy::joy:

La Bamba in fact

Frank can’t live forever, surely

Donal Og gone from Clare.

1 Like

Not a manager

A blot on his copybook ?

Huh? Project destroy Clare hurling has gone brilliantly for him.

1 Like

Strange announcement, he was a support role coach. How was it put. Did the 2 lads throw him under the bus?

Dunno. A fella I know said it to me this morning.

Ah. We’ll see

Donal Og was given a 2 year “agreement” when he joined up last year and was pretty much foistered on the new management team otherwise it would have been dead money allegedly. The fact that he worked with Donal Moloney and knew each other well and the players were open to him continuing as coach meant that it wasn’t a huge issue.

He was always likely to go after this year. Given how tight Pat Fitz has become with the purse strings since Davy left they were never going to be able to bring him back

1 Like

Is Donal set for some time in the wilderness?
I can’t see anyone willing to take him on.

Considering only 6 counties play hurling it’s very likely

@Smark

You will never guess who is joining the Antrim backroom team for next season.

"He will work alongside the county committee and the senior hurlers.

He will travel to the county once a week to prepare for the 1A campaign in the Allianz Hurling League and to help with improving structures.""

2 Likes

What a coup for Antrim hurling

On that newstalk interview last night Davy made one (unintentionally) hilarious comment about using any means at all to win

“Iv been involved in club teams so I have, that have never won nothing so they havent, that would pay literally anything for a bit of success so they would”

Im sure they would Davy and Im sure they did so they did

1 Like

Why so? Be surprised if this was a long term issue.

I was just thinking out loud is all. Apart from Dublin everyone else seems to have a “settled” management team. Although with Limerick you never know.

1 Like

He is young enough to take his time still and take a few club jobs. He has a decent job as well so its not the be all and end all for him like many of them