GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

The issue regard Cusack in Clare is what input he had in the tactics they deployed this year . I think he may need to have a go managing a senior club team now .

To be in Div 1A it certainly is when they were playing in 2A last year. Sheedy is already working miracles.

2 Likes

I think the issue in Clare is the 2 lads have a u21 mindset.

It would not surprise me if Cusack was too much in the “retain possession at all costs” camp though.

He would be vetter off with a serious club for 2 years. Learn the trade a bit again

2 Likes

True enough about the two Clare managers I think . Interesting to see if they will replace DOC . If DOC had a big input here you feel it could be a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth .

Also I think the older lads in 2013 likes of Bugler , Donnellan , Colin Ryan , Conor Ryan and Donovan had big roles and may not all have been replaced .

Ya absolutely. Jesus never realised so many left.
aany that should still be playing?

Bugler maybe ; Donnellan bad injury ; ditto Conor Ryan . Colin Ryan lost appetite and o Donovan was pushing on , living in Dublin with a job in a MNC . They were all key players and crucially leaders who played in poorish teams . They understood blue collar graft and had a hunger .

1 Like

Critical to have those lads

Colin Ryan is a massive loss to Clare for his free taking alone.

Being on the frees really doesn’t suit Kelly, firstly because he’s not as accurate as Ryan and secondly because it appears to affect his game from play.

3 Likes

Never replaced as a free taker . Also a very solid player .

He was very good this year in the Clare League team that won the Oscar Traynor Cup .

Bugler was a fine player and the best fist pumper outside of Waterford city .

Grand excuse for him

Sheedy is box office

5 Likes

Things not looking good for Cork.

The only CB man in that list is Sean Hayes, which means he likely gets it.

1. He is way behind as a coach for modern football.
    2 He seems to be a complete asshole who falls out with players and other managements regularly.
  2. He is the classic “we” when they win and “the lads” when they lose.
  3. It would confirm the end of Donnacha and probably Shields too. Cadigan could also be an issue as i think there is an old wound between Hayes and Alan over 21’s. But that could be otger peoples issue with Hayes for playing Cadofan with little dine, i xannot quite remember.

The job Ronan Mac did in winning the county with Rosscarbery was spectacular. Most people would hace accepted the the chance had passed for what was a talented side. But he got it out of them and in style too. I am biased as i was coached by him. Howecer i do remember the experience being outstanding and as a periphial player i remember also feeling great about my game and chances of getting in. And i was given a chance, as was everybody. While not as mad or passionate as Morgan, foitball wise and driven wise he would be similar. He will find the best players in Cork and they will feel good about themselves.

The CB completely contradicting themselves going on about coaching. John Considine doesn’t do all the coaching. And Kieran Kingston does none of it.
Its just a way of cutting funding.

Donnacha is 36 Kev. Surely ta fuck he isnt gonna give it another whirl regardless?

If he’s good enough he’s young enough

3 Likes

My cousin plays with Ballydesmond and he reckon Donnacha has a couple of years more if he wants because he looks after himself and he came to IC football relatively late .

:thinking:
Hed sup a pint now and then

1 Like

Agreed but not many 37 year old inter county forwards still at it

O’Connor still prob the best natural marksman on that team.

1 Like

Colm O’Neill is a class act, if he was from Kerry and had been luckier with injuries he’d be one of the greats

1 Like