GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

The system doesn’t put the ball over the bar.

In a manner of speaking it does as it creates the space and time, draws the frees from tired teams.

That would seem like a good move. Up in Dublin having a household name in charge is just as important as whether they are good at the job I’d say in persuading players to play

The best living goalie to play the game should be a household name among those interested in hurling.

I would say 99% of people in Dublin had never heard of Ger Cunningham

2 Likes

Did he mean Ger Cunningham was the best living hurling goalie?

Ah thats hilarious.

I don’t believe Damien Fitzhenry is in the running.

That would be pretty much insane at this point.

You have spent an awful lot of time dismantling a system that for the most part has made Waterford more consistant than anytime in 60 years

+1

1 Like

Bizarre outlook on his coaching ability

A rare genuine lol, superb :grinning:

It’s hardly so dismantling it. In fact they have already utilised a couple of those options this year.

At the end of the day, he’ll live and die by their performance in the final. I have my doubts about its effectiveness in that regard.

Absolutely true. Nobody in Dublin bar about 6 or 7 dozen real hurling men give two shits about hurling. Very few in Dublin are even aware there is Dublin hurling team. Majority of those who refer to themselves as ‘Dubs’ as in the football sense couldn’t name 5 current Dublin hurlers let alone a cork goalkeeper from another era.
Dublin is a hurling wasteland. They have been trying manufacture hurlers now for 10 years and it’s a waste of time and now they are manufacturing managers.
They shouldn’t get a penny more of our money.

8 Likes

I said he was a very succesful coach Kev, but amazingly this potential wasn’t apparent when he was 17… we were school mates, to be honest i thought joe would quit the gaa when he went to dublin, i was wrong …

What potential? Did you see him coach at 17?

Josè couldn’t kick a ball when he was young. He has won everything.

Playing well and coaching have no correlation whatsoever

1 Like

He knew the guy personally mate. He’s already said that he thought he would give up the GAA altogether when he went to Dublin. That isn’t the kind of person you think is going to be a good coach one day

2 Likes

Kev, i didn’t think he’d be involved in the gaa at any level, based on what he was like at 17. He went to college in Dublin and I thought that would be the end of that. Was very suprised when i saw him involved with Dublin minor management subsequently.

Mourinho was at the very least a semi-pro with Rio Ave, he can’t have been that useless

Nonsense