GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

I knew John briefly once upon a time. Lots of good things said about his coaching.

From Sneem i think. Won countues with South Kerry. Decent midfielder and may have played Kerry junior.
Won coubties as a coach in recent years too. Thought he was a physio but could be wrong. Might be school teacher

He’s better than they deserve, given their recent performances and their current position, thats for sure. Shit or get off the pot now for a lot of them.

Renard
Midfielder
Won County titles with South Kerry
Managed South Kerry to County title few years back
Physio with a practice in Portlaoise
Physio with Kerry under Jack
Coach with Kerry under Pat Shea
Physio with Laois under Justin
Coach with Laois under Justin
Physio with Laois under Cheddar

Great credentials for managing a permanent stag party .

1 Like

Sadly I think the party might just be over for the boyo’s. Expect retirements aplenty as they realise the Monday-Thursday Club has been shut down.

Should be a good appointment, lots of success with Derry underage in the past few years

Timing is a bit odd given he has an All Ireland coming up, but yea, would seem so. Seems obvious, but needs to get the best players playing. Always a problem in lower tier counties.

Confirmed

Banty has apparently withdrawn from the running for the Donegal role.

I think that leaves it between Declan Bonner, Sean Paul Barrett and Cathal Corey.

Any white smoke from Tyrone ?

Bonner should win the contest handsomely******

Should be no contest but it doesn’t say much that he’s the best option.

Mickey Harte reappointed for another 3 years

Cc @Nembo_Kid

1 Like

Wow.

What has he got on these people?

They were shafting him 2 years ago and he was on 1 year deals.
He oversees the most pathetic performance from a Tyrone team in modern history and they give him 3 years.

Its absolutely insane.

2 Likes

Ex Donegal manager Rory Gallagher has taken over his native county and is the new Fermanagh gaffer.

Ricey in the backroom team.

Unreal.

Expect the Fermanagh back line to be filthy

Another sensational shout

Hopefully Rory Gallagher will have arranged for their kit to be washed at the laundromat first.