GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

I dunno mate, my sources reckon there may have been something there alright with one game in particular

I mean generally

Slieve Bloom have done an about turn and told the two Limerick mercenaries to do one.

2 Likes

I saw him in it a good while after he lost the job alright :slight_smile:

The Kerry lads had lots of good things to say about Foley…

Whatever about one or the other, getting Carey & Foley for an intermediate side in Laois is mental. The going rate at the minute is a minimum €80+ a session for a bog standard trainer. I’d imagine either on their own would attract a lot more than that. So minimum of €200 a session? Unless they are taking turns or something.

What’s the story here?
Stupid Laois bastards

Oh ye want to be paid? Eh, well that changes things a bit.

There is a fine tradition of volunteerism in Laois, these gentlemen were offered expenses and a bag of milky moos for each trip. No more. No less.

1 Like

No porter?

No, we did that with Teddy Mac once upon a time, and he still hasn’t the license back.

So what happened since? Were the milky moos withdrawn?

The milky moos were too cold and shattered once you bit into them and some fucker from Laois had taken all the moo stickers out.

The boys looked for training cones, and were told to fuck right off.

Or more likely someone in the club did a bit of solo run, then when it was publicly announced there was a bit of uproar and the club had to row back?

As I outlined before here, Slieve Bloom are an odd entity. You may not be far wrong. They’re hanging on by a thread. I’d say this was a Hail Mary by a lone gunman.

Well no one can do a solo run quite like Ciaran.

My sources inform me Carey snubbed Slieve Bloom for a higher profile job closer to home, with more money.

1 Like

Making sandwiches in Spar?

3 Likes

Mick managed 4 intercounty sides.

Has anyone else managed 4?

John Myler?