GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

A lot of clubs in Limerick didn’t even bother trying them I’d say because they thought they would be out of their reach.

Clubs forking out hard earned fundraising money to bring ‘coaches’ in from the outside to train senior teams… when you’ve a fella like Shefflin interested in contributing… Of course it’s daft.

That 10,000 euro would be better spent on juvenile coaching or on improved facilities for example.

5 Likes

Or giving the club secretary a few bob.

2 Likes

Slieve Bloom are an interesting case. They’ve nearly gone under players wise a few times over the years, and very recently again too. A few amalgamations have gone awry over the year years, they had a good one with Castletown for a while but Castletown got snotty over the name and SB over their lack of color in the jersey.

Anyway, they nearly lost Ben Conroy to Portlaoise last year, it looks like he’s staying now and maybe a higher profile manager was part of the carrot to keep him. It’s oretty unsustainable though, they have fuck all underage (they’re still with Ctown underage) but they’d be a Club that would be prime for collapsing any year you’d have thought.

Maybe they have a few bob and figured fuck it, go all in.

1 Like

Sounds like somebody does anyway.

You are away from your club now so long gathering up money from other clubs and organisations that you have lost sight of real gaa.
Fair play to shefflington he could go off and gather 80/100 3 times a week somewhere else and then run and let others pick up the pieces afterwards and raise that money. And hed get it easily because when you attach a price tag to a bluffer he becomes accepted more easily in gaa.

I’d say you havent a notion how difficult it is to put a senior mgt in place without just throwing money at it.
I was talking to an intermediate club footballer from cark who along with his teammates pays 5e a week to cover aidan omahoneys fees.
Fair play to ballyhale and shefflington I hope they are successful and hopefully those idiot carkies get relegated but either way I know which club will be stronger and healthier in 10 years time.

4 Likes

Who is he involved with?

Tbh id have far less of an issue with players contributing directly to coaching costs than I would other club members rattling the bucket to pay for it

1 Like

Who is Aidan o’ Mahoney training :joy::joy::joy:

5e is nothing. What’s wrong with it?

If they were going to Crossfit it would be 190 a month.

Mind you AOM is arguably one of the most unqualified ex IC footballers there is to get in

Once it’s a discussed choice by all parties what’s the issue.

Alot of jealousy going on around here

Robbing kids to pay coaches is vile

discussed choice? what is the option if you don’t agree as player. retire or just go with the flow?

They did do well the Kerry seniors and won a SHC in Kerry with Lixnaw in 2014. Foley was coaching Lixnaw also in 2017 - lost the final in a replay played some very good hurling though

Wasn’t there a bit of upset amongst a few players about suspicious switches and subs made in league games and round robin games that raised a few eyebrows?? Or did I dream that?

Ya. Everything is a choice.

Does every vote you make at an election get elected?

I suggest making your point clear and give the cons as you see it and let people know how you feel.

If the majority disagree just get on with it or fuck off.

I’ve done both to be honest.

Is that true? Or more really the 2nd part. Cos it’s not what I am hearing from BallyhaLe

there was mention of a bit of a push by players alright to oust them , the background I don’t know

results under Carey\Foley were good by Kerry standards and were not as good in 2017 when they were gone

I heard Carey didn’t give back the sponsored car for a good 6 months after he quit Kerry.

I don’t make up stuff on the internet.

1 Like

There was a question mark over a few substitutions made that may or may not have affected handicap betting aswell, some players were a bit suspicious on that matter

People are over analyzing this a bit too I think