GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Yep. They went seven or eight points up. I actually think Roscommon didn’t regress like Julio said. I think they are a victim of the super 8s. Give them a once off q/f v Tyrone/donegal/mayo/Monaghan and they’d give it a rattle to make a semi final but having to beat two of those teams in a short space of time is very tough.

3 Likes

That was an absolute shocking performance from Mayo, arguably worse than the Galway losses in the last few years. Rarely have I seen a result as attributable to one player as Mayo getting a draw was down to Lee Keegan that day, he was unbelievable.

Maybe he’s Ger Gilroy

Bullshit. Thats a rumour mayo folk are spreading to take attention off their own self ego driven players. As many as 6 of the starting Roscommon team from last year plan on travelling next year so they were going to regress even further next year and he opted out

I think it was shortly before the champonship of 2002. They’d beaten Dublin in Parnell Park in the league not long before, had won the Connacht title the previous year, but after that they crashed and burned in the championship.

1 Like

Another rebrand?

This is fucking outstanding from McStay, a great man

He seems a bit self-absorbed.

3 Likes

:smile:

:thinking::thinking:

Over the past 12 months this group of Roscommon players has won, or qualified, for all the competitions they can be reasonably expected to:

Connacht Championship Winners (July 2017)
All Ireland Quarter Finalists (July 2017)

• Connacht League (March 2018)
  • Division 2 Champions & Promotion to 2019 NFL Div 1 (April 2018)
  • All Ireland Quarter Finalists (July 2018)

+1. What an insufferable wanker. Why say in 20 words what he could say in a 2,000 word essay.

3 Likes

I feel sorry for Verona and the three girls that this cunt will be spending more time at home.

5 Likes

Can picture him asking the players multiple times during every training session whether they were having fun.

1 Like

Let’s just hope he doesn’t end up back on The Sunday Game now.

Guaranteed.

1 Like

What an insufferable arsehole McStay has morphed into. Having devoted 10mins of my valuable time to reading his encyclical I’ve formed the opinion that he’s cost the cunts a fortune.
He’s had a backroom team comparable to a regional unit of the HSE, bag-carriers, every conceivable type of latch-on with their snouts in the Club Rossie trough. Hopefully they’re bankrupted before 2019 arrives.

And ne’re a word of acknowledgement to long suffering supporter Paddy Joe Burke.

5 Likes

No-one so fond of himself as an army man

1 Like

All were volunteers except Himself, Liam, The doctor,Physio and S&C coach. No one else was getting a penny.

1 Like

That’s the way it should be too, too many lads pocketing handy money on auld development squads and airy fairy stuff these days.

1 Like

What a terrific good news boost to get just at tea-time and all. I can tell you I’m mightily relieved with this confirmation that it was just the chosen few who were getting expenses.
Anyhow McStay remains a dislikeable sort and my sympathies go to the wonderful Verona and family who’ll have to endure more of him than recently.