GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Cian o’Neill to Munster Rugby a rumour I have heard twice now, from a rugby and a gaa source.

Speculation was he wanted to stay with Kildare but munster not interested.

Seems mad seeing as I would imagine his CIT gig is serious coin and a job for life. Munster could fold in morning

@Blake any reason to believe this

Could he not do both or take a sabbatical?

To be honest I am not aware of the role although I do know they are packing out their backroom team.

Maybe he gets 2 years off at CIT, not sure.

But if you have anything to do with match day squad then no way could he do Kildare

Munster need someone who knows what they are doing because the place is jointed with former players who think they know it all. O’Neill will find it hard going there.

Do they need someone to teach them how to pick a tracksuit top or T shirt that is two sizes too small? If so I think they may have found their man.

9 Likes

I think the new man has made changes. Has respect for all staff.

You are right Munster have a real “in our day” issue. One of the recent coaches admitted that to me himself after taking a step back and being removed for a year or 2

I think he might do okay with the Biffo brigade

I think himself and Carr are old army buddies

Forgot to reply to this when I saw it.

By all accounts he wants to stay and feels he can continue to progress the young core, but the talks with the county board have not been smooth at all. Main sticking point is the length of any extension but there’s other things to be worked out too.

Don’t know how real the Munster thing is tbh

1 Like

What former players? The only two involved with the senior squad are jones and flannery who are extremely highly rated. Both we’re offered places in the springboks management set up.

Kevin McStay has stepped down as Roscommon manager.

It’s a fairly loose interpretation of “stepped down” from the word I’m hearing.
Illness and exhaustion on the players part is the word on the ground.

In layman’s terms they were sick and tired of them.

7 Likes

Back on the Sunday Game next year.

The return of the Hot Zone.

2 Likes

did McStay do reasonably well with the Rossies? Connacht title and division status??

They had a decent side going in though. You could say he did ok last year but they regressed massively this year

Was it last year Roscommon drew with Mayo in the All-Ireland quarter final before being trounced in the replay?

That draw seems a completely mad result now seeing how Mayo ran the Dubs so close after…

I suppose you could admit he was moderately successful but you have to have an understanding of the psyche of a Roscommon footballer. They’re harder managed than fleas on a riddle, between being porter-sharks and having propensites for hi-jinx.

8 Likes

I think he did he great job with them.

Were they caught playing pool in the nip in a northern hotel a decade or so ago ??

1 Like

Why do you constantly ask fucking questions by half answering them you goul?

1 Like