GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

:clap:

Oooooohhh hello sailor

1 Like

I think you’ve nailed it there

Derek was and is still seen as an outsider by the inverted snobs

Waterford under him were a very cerebral hurling team and the muck men didn’t like it, especially with him being a sophisticated urbanite

1 Like

If you could answer this question @farmerinthecity that would be great

If you get time you could also answer the following - who has been a more successful manager for Tottenham - Ramos or Pochettino

Derek McGrath destroyed watherford hurling, he took on a bunch with potential and he absolutely fucking filletted them. Not alone that he tried to destroy hurling with his never ending bullshit talk and his systems.

7 Likes

You are wrong with this 10 minute shit, I have already corrected you don’t make a deal of it.

You can’t correct what is already correct .

Limerick dominated the first 25 mins of that game, this is a fact.

Ah here… That’s not what he said… Your ability to consistently miss the point others make is breathtaking…

When you waded into this debate you did so with the most spectacular missing of the point on the entire thread, and you put words in my mouth that I never said

The irony of it all

I know well the point that was being made

And the point was wrong

Waded in… Dramatic much? …

Read back over your previous post

In terms of trying to be dramatic, you take the biscuit

Breathtaking, as somebody said

Nice one.

The main reason, in practical terms, Waterford did not win the AI was because the forwards largely would not pass to each other.

There was also the fact that their best hurlers – unlike with Kilkenny – were not their best leaders.

1 Like

Here’s what’s not in doubt about his tenure as gaffer.

Number of Munster titles won by Derek McGrath - 0.

Number of All-Ireland titles won by Derek McGrath - 0

Number of media interviews given by Derek McGrath since the day he was appointed to present day - more than Davy, Cody and every other manager combined.

13 Likes

Success isn’t just measured by trophies bud

Where did I say it was.

As Derek might say himself in one of his mindfulness sessions - he’s cognisant of the fact he has won fuck all of the big prizes.

You didn’t say it but you clearly implied it

Derek was a tremendous success as Waterford manager

A league title is a prize that is second only to the All-Ireland by the way

Derek had the best batch of Waterford players and ruined them. He stunted their development and turned them into a bunch of pricks. He’s finished Waterford hurling for 20 years. As Ken McGrath pointed out compare eamon o shea to Derek and what they’ve done since leaving their posts. Waterford had a huge opportunity to win an all ireland but McGrath ruined it.

4 Likes

He ruined them by reaching an All-Ireland final which they weren’t far away from winning?

He stunted their development by reaching the same All-Ireland final referenced above?

A bunch of pricks? Are you sure you’re not referring to yourself and other posters here?

Derek left his post as Waterford manager a year ago

Eamon O’Shea departed as Tipperary manager in 2015

Is Derek not entitled to a break?

Eamon O’Shea hasn’t managed another inter-county team since

How did he ruin it? They lost a close final to a better and more experienced team

Derek wasn’t responsible for Conor Gleeson’s suspension