GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Lk dominated the first 10 and led by a good bit . Waterford brought it back and were hit by a goal early in second and by 2 late goals . Lk didn’t hurl spectacularly that day but went at a very weak full back line .

The only people in Mayo who pick managers are the players. If they wanted Rochford to stay, he would have stayed.

So how exactly is Rochford more successful than H and C? He reached two All Irelands and lost both to Dublin, one after a replay. H and C reached an All Ireland semi final and lost to Dublin, the eventual winners, after a replay. They only had one year in charge.

H and C won a Connacht Title and eased them through to the quarter finals that year. Rochford got knocked out in all Connachts sending them into the back door where they would have been out in the first round in his first year barring a dive by Aidan O’Shea against Fermanagh in Castlebar. Of course there were many more moments, including extra time wins against lower level teams, last minutes goals to save their skins all sorts.

His luck finally ran out last year in Newbridge. This was of course after a flukey goal in Thurles against Tipp turned a game that they were looking like losing.

As for him with Donegal, they are essentially in the same position now as last year so I don’t know why so many are talking about Rochford’s impact.

1 Like

Gas cunts

2 Likes

This was the comment that started all the bullshit and how @fenwaypark in particular picked up on the doldrums remark and questioned that other managers had actually taken Waterford out of the doldrums.

you then slyly stuck this in here. Thereby rendering the whole start of this bullshit debate meaningless and in true TFK fashion, everyone is doubling down and going around in circles.

7 Likes

Waterford playing very attractive, measured hurling under McGrath.

Another one who judges “success” purely on context free titles

And after moaning, in complete error of course, about another poster supposedly not understanding “context”

While in reality having zero ability to understand context himself

Oh, the irony of it all

Here’s one for you bro

Who was the more successful manager in English club football - Graham Taylor or Juande Ramos

Think carefully now - Taylor has never won a national trophy in England, Ramos has

Stick to fisty ball mate.

Good man.

No comments on my actual post but just random unrelated tripe.

Waterford were in the doldrums when McGrath took over

They were nowhere near All-Ireland contenders

Same as Limerick were in the doldrums in 2016, same as Wexford were in the doldrums before Davy took over

What about it is bullshit

You haven’t pointed out anything

In fact on this whole thread, nobody has yet been able to point out anything inaccurate I’ve said

Talk about offended bluster and snowflakery at a bit of truth telling, the lads here are the masters

What’s “sly” about that?

Do you even understand what the word “sly” means?

No bullshit has come from my keyboard here, I have however exposed other posters as peddlers of it

58 years.

1 Like

All you’ve done here is throw around insults, pal

It’s pretty shameless stuff

There’s a supreme irony in you calling anybody “clueless”

The Spurs of spud hockey

That post doesn’t make any sense

This thread can do without that sort of sly, insubstantial reply

70 plus posts in the last hour or so which I’m guessing aren’t worth reading. Has Sidney spotted a few far right agents in gaa managerial circles or something!

I’d say that’s 70 posts more than have ever been worth reading from yourself

1 Like

Anybody who doesn’t whack the ball aimlessly from one end of the field to the other in boghockey is sneered upon. Hurling seems to have some sort of inverted condescension to it.

1 Like

Plenty of teams / managers dont do whacktics - stick to fisty bog ball.

I will. Not much enthusiasm for me in unending aimless whacking of a ball down the pitch.

Great - enjoying the endless fisting and i’ll enjoying the whacking.

1 Like

Measured fisting > Aimless whacking

1 Like