GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

He showed that he knows how to set up a team to put it up to Dublin with the underdogs

Jason Ryan and his protege Bernard Jackman were working with Cork footballers this season too.

I don’t know about Deely. I didn’t see (m)any London players publicly decrying his removal and I imagine the county board canvassed player opinion rather than acting alone. You could never be sure of that in the world of GGA though.

1 Like

Be hard get anything out of brigids now? Seem to have died as castleknock have grown…

David Murphy would be the obvious choice there, was part of Banty’s setup when he was manager and has loads of adult club level experience. Not sure he is interested in the gig though.

2 Likes

I’d imagine Galvin would be a bit of a cunt to be around if things ain’t going well. Doesn’t strike me as the best man manager.

2 Likes

:smiley:

1 Like

I was nodding in agreement for the first 10 words or so until you began to ramble. In reality, anybody that looks forensically at this gimps life(style) will agree with my conclusion:

A thundering cunt.

3 Likes

cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

He’d be box office in the post match interviews.

“So, Paul - a disappointing 10 point defeat to a Limerick team who hadn’t won a game prior to today. Where was the game won and lost?”

Followed by a stare and refusal to look away from the interviewer.

Let the man enjoy his holiday, you little Tipp sleeveen

1 Like

He is never off the clock. Ever.

2 Likes

Deeley would be class but I think he’d be better suited to a Coaching Development role for both codes - I doubt we could afford him for that though.

@padjo
@carryharry

OK guys, can we leave the menace and violence until Jones Road on Sunday afternoon.

4 Likes

@padjo has a long history of lashing out at people for no reason when Wexford have a big match coming up

He’s generally one of the most level headed posters on here

But Wexford haven’t had many big matches during the existence of this forum

1 Like

This is true

Fuck sake sure thats is only the hurling, we are talking about the football manager here

Eh, all ireland semi-final 2008…

2 Likes

Deeley is a bit fond of himself

That doesn’t qualify. This place only became a forum when @Mac and all the other sheep followed me over from some other place in 2009