GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

I’m hearing a well known former Kerry footballer is in line for the vacant Wexford job.

Billy Sheehan?

No. he’d be more high profile than Billy. Don’t think he’s any managerial experience but would be known to throw an odd duster. He’ll have his work cut out anyway I’d imagine.

D Se?

Donaghy?

This fellow?

Surely, they should look at someone who was involved in the team that reached the all ireland semi final. The current bunch probably looked up to that group. Might be a unifying force?

1 Like

Paul Galvin?

Yeah, Galvin. Don’t get it myself. Think he’s living in Dublin but you’d wonder what his motivation is.

You’d wonder what their motivation is more like. He’s not what you’d call a people person

I’d have thought that too. You’d imagine that there would have been some of them showing an interest.

1 Like

True enough. Football in Wexford is probably the lowest it’s been in 20 years so things can’t get much worse.

I’d imagine it might be dawning on him (and Dunnes) he’s not the next Ralph Lauren . The inter county gravy train is pretty attractive to an ex player.

2 Likes

Would his stuff not be going well with the economy booming ?

Do you know a single person that wears any of his gear?

1 Like

True

He must have ‘caught the bug’

Ciaran Deely would be the person they should go after but it’s unlikely as he’d have to leave his QPR job. They could do worse than going back to Jason Ryan again. He’s doing very little at the moment I imagine.

1 Like

He has to be the most boring “controversial” figure in GAA history.

1 Like

Keep himself in the public eye.

Ryan is with Keith Barr at Brigids in Dublin. In a fight to avoid relegation from both Div 1 and the Senior A championship. Not exactly flying it.