GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Who’s in the frame to replace him?

Hes gone. Kingston will be back

Hopefully

Dream team Donal Og n Derek?

Pah.

Donal Og, The rock and Sean Og.

Denis Ring is the man to take Cork hurling out of the doldrums.

Patsy Fanning is doing the right thing if he steps away. The luvvy duvvy happy clappy set up overseen by his predecessor was never going to be replicated by Fanning or anyone else.

Patsy the fall guy for that group of players.

The Waterford board have a choice - get a happy clappy manager who the players like and the odd win here and there will keep everyone happy, or now the ground is broken the board get in a tough manager and the players will realise the happy clappy stuff is now over for good & blaming the manager wont wash 2nd time around

2 Likes

Just to remind lads from football counties seeking a good young manager that our former leader, Benny Guckian, is available for consideration.
I’m acutely aware that Benny’s name is on everyone’s list and the competition for his services will be hectic but the fact that he hasn’t experience with a top 4 team ought not mitigate against him. He’s inoffensive enough in his own way, mild-mannered and is currently sporting a new baseball cap.

@Massey will vouch for all the above before adding further accreditations.

1 Like

I think Kingston and Meyler both did well to get Munster titles out of Cork, ditto JBM before them with a Munster title and only for the ref not blowing when he should have had an all ireland title. All 3 worked minor wonders. Is Kingston any better than Meyler?

1 Like

Oh he’d be a welcome addition to any county alright.

We had a better Championship in his last year than with Hyland this year.

We played exceptionally well against Louth alright after a shaky start, started well agin Monaghan and should have had 2-02 in the first 5 mins but we butchered the goal chances and let Monaghan take over after that.Im sure Bennys a nice fella but I thought he was useless.

1 Like

I think I’ll chance a 10er on Ben O Connor @ 12s

Financial constraints will narrow the choice of candidate in Waterford. They’ll probably see if they can get Fergal Hartley to take.

it will be great to see a Corkman back in charge after that blow in from Wexford

Cork should try and get Davy, That commute to Wexford is killing him. Cork would be far more manageable driving.

Cork will never accept an outsider again,they are very clannish and like to keep it in house

1 Like

Big Dan is what I’m hearing

1 Like