GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

What sort of falling out did Jerry Wallace have with cork gaa?

Larry Tompkins as a player and manager, they have history with outsiders

Jesus Christ I hope that’s a joke

As long as it’s not ours. “He wouldn’t train ivy up a wall” a local sage observed.

1 Like

None, just got financial offer he could not refuse.

Kingston is coming back. Just a Q of who he brings with him. Doubt it will be Donal Og. He should be bringing his successor in. Pat Mulcahy maybe. Pat Ryan if he was available

Good q. Far more popular with the players anyway

Be surprised if he did come back. Always got the feeling he walked away in the interest of his young fella.

He is 4/5 now with PP vs the 9/2 that copper pipe posted in screenshot above.

I was told a few days ago it was agreed. I dont think its a great idea personally but just passing on info

50 euro could have moved that

He left limerick for a while and got involved in club teams in limerick I thought?

I know that buddy. Very regressive step if it happens. The current bunch coming through looked up to the 03-06 bunch. Hurling is evolving all the time I think you need a young progressive manager who will surround himself with likeminded individuals.

Think he still does a bit with Midleton. Would not be that highly regarded in Cork.

He saved limerick hurling.

How? The clubs putting in the effort to bring players through combined with the establishment of ard scoil ris as a de facto school of excellence done far more than Wallace.

2 Likes

Agreed. Id say the playing group pushed for KK back

That’s not a good sign imho.

2 Likes

No chance. Limerick had no school excellence until him that worked. For a finish 3 ard scoil ris players started the final. Think ten of team came through Jerry’s academy. Bar John kiely I’d give Jerry Wallace as much any man for limericks all Ireland win. Our up turn in underage results was no coincidence and it went to shit when he got replaced by Anthony Daly.

Who is feeding the players into these academies?

1 Like

The clubs obviously?