GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

As the chairman said, we will afford Davy some time and space to think things through. It’s the least he deserves. I hope the hurt of the defeat is lessening gradually and he can look forward to his upcoming wedding now.

Davy will stay if the money is right. Paul Galvin wouldn’t get out of bed in the morning for less than 10k
Wexford more minted than the Dubs

V interesting to see how this unfolds. Galvin does nothing by halves.

They’ll be looking pretty sharp getting off the bus for their first O’Byrne Cup fixture next January anyways.

1 Like

Ah he does… He caters for all sizes…

€200 A week?.There’s lads coaching junior football clubs getting more than that.

1 Like

Poor Laz is all over the place. On one hand he’s telling us of the millions Dublin receive and on the other telling us Wexford are more minted with their 2 hundy a week stipend. He’s more confused than Scooby Doo.

1 Like

That’s his translators salary

Wexford are a pure joke of a gaa county.
In fairness they have the best supporters in Oireland tho, a crowd of yahoos who just need a small bit of excitement to get them going. Galvin is a good fit.

1 Like

Would lads in dublin clubs be getting that? Would your lot pay football and hurling first team coaches?

Wexford must be financing their GAA managers with the silver that Strongbow gave them for the soft landing. Paying a fortune.

4 Likes

Wexford GAA is a very slick organisation these days. Strategic vision combined with implementation of proven grassroots structures, innovation, organisation, professionalism, business acumen and a merry band of faithful volunteers driving things on with ambitious players. No wonder box office stars like Davy and Paul want to get involved with us.

1 Like

Were ye about Rossinver lately

Never mind all that linkdin bollix. Everyone knows that its the seductive husky tones of the ladies accents down there that are the major draw

1 Like

Rossinver…Hell Yeah!!!:joy:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/allirelandwinning-manager-jack-oconnor-set-for-dramatic-intercounty-return-with-kildare-38378200.html

But he is an intercounty manager…

He loves the driving so he does like all the other Kerrymen.

Isn’t his young lad playing with one of the Newbridge clubs? Eanna? I don’t remember him getting a run with Kildare. @Blake

Edit: I should have read the article first.

How will he manage that commute? Be hell.

Yeah as the article says Eanna and Cian are with Moorefield.

Eanna got a bit of league time in 2016. He was handed a starting berth for opening championship game against Carlow last year after doing well in Moorefield’s provincial run, on the frees and all. He proceeded to have one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen on an intercounty pitch, you couldn’t but feel sorry for him, he didn’t even make it to half time.