GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Strong indications down Cork way that Donal Óg will be with Waterford as a coach next year.

Derek McGrath is apparently getting back involved in some sort of Director of Hurling role overseeing all Waterford teams

From a Cark source so you couldn’t fully trust it

That’s one way for the county board to stop the hurling getting out of control

Laois are pretty strong at u16 level this year so that might not be as mad as you think. They have a couple of absolute headbangers in charge of them at the minute too and getting rid of them would be no harm

Correct and correct.

Welcome to Laois Derek :clap:

I wish we had the Money to get this type of hurling expertise in to coach Dublin Minor Hurlers.

3 Likes

Bizzare reference to Anthony Daly’s brief stint with Limerick Underage Academy at the end of that article, claiming it gave underage Hurling a lift in the county. Limerick had won an All Ireland U16, 2 Munster Minor Hurling titles and contested an All Ireland Minor Final by the time ‘Dalo’ came onboard :rollseyes:

3 Likes

That wouldn’t fit with the cosy RTÉ narrative though.

Is Supermacs Guy stirring up bother again?

Seems to be the word on the street anyway. He’s very highly rated and definitely seems to have boosted any team he has been involved with.

I knew that would have a few lads seething :laughing:

If you can’t beat them

Oh wait, we did

1 Like

Strange. Would Derek be considered a good coach as opposed to a manager?

A Cork man tried to convince me yesterday that Michael Donoghue would be the next Cork hurling manager

He’s an excellent coach

His record DLS would suggest so

We’re box office lads

Where’s the mula coming from?

Moolah