GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Probably cutting it out of the senior football budget

If mcgrath starts using those fancy words of his with the laois boys they won’t be long losing the rag… … :thinking:

1 Like

Mate, change that U16 reference to won an underage blitz ffs.

3 Likes

The famed Tipperary Co-op /Nenagh Arrabawn U16 All Ireland??? :eek: Sacrilege!

1 Like

He’ll be sorely disappointed with the education levels of those young fellas when he arrives up there, all apprentice plasters and chippy’s with grandkids

1 Like

Have you cooked anything nice lately mate?

Ryan McMenamin taking on Fermanagh. Has he any coaching credentials @Cicero_Dandi?

I’ve never cooked anything nice in my life mate

1 Like

Who let you back on the Internet

That won’t end well. The Fennellys were great players but shite managers.

Hard to criticize him if he fails there

Very strange appointment, a fella with no inter county management experience at any level (I think) being brought in to sort out that mess…

Yeah strange one alright, wonder if there was anywhere else he could have went ?

Ballyhale juniors could have been a start

3 Likes

Brendan was the best of them in the managerial stakes. There was talk that he should have got it ahead of Kevin in 1998. Even after Kevin got the heave after one year, there was still some talk that Brendan should have got it then. Brother succeeding a sacked brother wasn’t seen as a good idea, so they gave it to a first cousin instead.

1 Like

I would have thought he should be cutting his teeth with a minor or U20 side or even a club team

I assume with his S&C background he’s been involved with some teams already in some capacity

Win - win for Fennelly.

If he’s a disaster - well, he’d nothing to work with.
If he improves them any bit and gets them back up to the Joe McDonagh - top, top gaffer.

1 Like

Offaly are worse than loads of club teams. They were hardly queuing up for the job.
I had expected Francis Forde to get it.
Fennelly a decent enough appointment in the circumstances. They’ll be happy enough here. They love Kilkenny managers.

1 Like