GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Kerry lads always knew how to make a few pound

Wexford, Kildare, Laois in Leinster all with Kerry managers next year. Is Evans still over Wicklow?

Evans is gone. I’m happy with Quirkes appointment.

Paddy Christie is going to be part of David Powers management comittee for Tipp senior footballers. Christie may be good but I can see many of the senior Tipp players walking away now that Power is in charge.

Big David Power?

Yeah that’s the guy

What’s their beef with him?

Christie’s mother is from Tipp. Rossmore or Drombane I think. His father won a county junior A football title with Clonoulty in 1969 under an assumed name. My father was on the same team.

3 Likes

Paddy is first cousin of ex Dublin Hurling midfielder Joey Boland. He has been over DCU Sigerson the last couple of years. I’d say he will be a good addition to Tipp

JBM back for Cork

minors.

http://www.gaacork.ie/news/10055259/Cork_GAA_Appointments

Cian O’Neill to Cork as a coach. @caoimhaoin will be delighted.

Some Ulster rugby chap replacing Peter Donnelly in the Tyrone setup.

He’ll be gutted when he hears there’s a Laois man gone in as S&C coach

Kevin Smith has also joined McCarthy’s backroom team as strength and conditioning coach.

Laois man Smith previously worked under Michael Cheika at Leinster and Stade Francais.

“Also, joining the Senior Football management team as S&C coach will be Kevin Smith, working under newly appointed High Performance manager Aidan O’Connell. Kevin is a former head of S&C at Stade Français Rugby Club and is currently completing a PhD at Cork Institute of Technology.”

1 Like

Called this.

This confirmed???

Except you didn’t though

1 Like

Not yet. He is thinking about it I am told.

Can you imagine the reaction to that, pity he is not on here just for that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

JBM for Cork minors I’m told. Ben o’Connor coach.

Interesting

Corks reaction to Derek going to Leix