GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Davy really is box office.

Would be a bad move for Cahill. Waterford don’t have the stomach for what Cahill would put them through and they need to be moddycoddled. They haven’t won a match in any age group in 2 years. I think Tipp county board will take a dim view when Cahills name is mentioned in future for Tipp seniors. This will end in tears.

Post bookmarked

cc @carryharry

1 Like

They didn’t mind Babs managing Galway or Len managing Clare

5 Likes

Those teams were useless as well.

Len Gaynor did brillintly for us and is still held in high regard. In many ways he helped create the monster that was the scourge of Chip for a few years and they still gave him the job when it came up.

1 Like

Len brought a shite Tipp team to an all Ireland final, albeit during a period of time when the standard of hurling was at an all time low

3 Likes

You ould rogue

Len Gaynor is Liam Cahill’s father in law

1 Like

True- when supposedly a great of that era can’t even connect properly with a ball in the last puck of an all Ireland it must have been awful

3 Likes

Sounded like the Tipperary County Board took a dim view of Cahill when he went looking for the Tipperary job last year. They passed him over for a lad who’d walked out on them eight years previous.

As I understand it Cahill has a beef with the county board over Sheedy getting the senior job at the last minute over him. He fucked Liam’s brother John Sheedy off his backroom team for not telling him that his brother was swooping in to gazump him.
Make no mistake Cahill will be targeting the Tipp game next year. big time.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the two Liam’s hit each other a few dunts on the sideline.

He’ll never get the Tipp job.

Liam brought John into the kit man role after.

Happy are we together.

Your not suggesting Declan Teneo and the Portroe mafia installed one of their own ahead of someone who earned it?

Financial doping now in hurling

1 Like

Cahill is a loose cannon

1 Like

Very much off topic at this stage, but I’m well pleased with some of the moves Cork are making. Apparently, this is the coaching line-up:
Senior: KK, Rock, P Mul, Ger Cunningham
U20: Pat Ryan, Donal O’Mahony, Fergal Condon, Ronan Curran/Wayne Sherlock
Minor: JBM(don’t know how true that is), Ben O’Connor, Seanie Mcgrath

I truly believe inept and tactically useless management has cost us several titles in the last 3 years. In particular the minor in 2017, and u21 in 18. Several up and coming coaches listed there which is a big plus.