GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Massively positive appointments across the board.

Seriously impressive line up with 20s

1 Like

I know but the point is Cork are finally moving on from the strike. They need someone to fix their joke defending for the last decade and Donal Og would ba an automatic choice. Minor job is baby steps

1 Like

God help the poor young lad in goals on that team, he’ll have puckout strategies coming out his ears

He’ll have a camera for analysis stuck onto his forehead

1 Like

Wayne Sherlock with the 20s the best defender we had in the last 20 years as well.

This is Corks last chance to fix it for themselves before Davy or Del boy are thrown into the mix. Last chance

1 Like

:rollseyes:

Time will tell .

John Allen thinking pat mulcahy was a better corner back was silly and I have good time for JA

1 Like

Ye are fierce clannish and parochial down there if a fella isn’t from limerick he hasnt a hope with ye

Who was the coach under Kingston last time, do we know?

Ger Cunningham is by all accounts a good coach even if his managerial stint at Dublin didn’t work out well, maybe just concentrating on the coaching and letting Kingston manage will work. Not sure what the Rock’s role is, must work well with Kingston.

The 20s set-up sounds impressive. Less certain about the minors, big test for Cusack. I thought Ben O’Connor was supposed to be involved though?

Didn’t agree with only one year term is what I was told

Hmm, I understand that you want some security but when you take over a minor team- I mean it’s potentially a completely different team 12 months later; it’s not like a club team or a senior team that you grow over a couple of years?

Not the way minor is now. You’d generally have a good few for the second year

The way things are going I’d say you’d have much more turnover than before.

1 Like

You’re still losing a lot. In fact, I would say that there’s less continuity now than there was before. Look at the likes of Cian Lynch or Declan Hannon; they would have all played 3 years county minor. That will probably never happen under the new system.

Myler, sully and pat ryan was his backroom team in previous regime.

1 Like

Would Ryan have been the main hurling coach so?

Would have thought so yeah

JBM was supposed to be getting the manager role with the minors too. May have been an issue