GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Aw dan is fierce excited. This is lovely after the weekend he’s had.

1 Like

Not to go all Kev on it, but people I know from down that direction seem to speak highly of Ben. As a coach anyway, apparently he can be a bit of a difficult personality at times?

But were looking forward to him being involved. This is Cusack’s first big management job though (maybe he was with Cloyne before, I dunno) so it’ll be interesting to see what stamp he puts on the team.

Yes on both counts

He managed Cloyne for a few years alright

He’ll replace the Fraggy role i.e. jump up and down along the side line, throw shapes, roar at referees and linesmen

Good. Fraggy was living rent free in the Limerick lads’ heads so they need someone to replace him

3 Likes

Big shake up in the KK backroom. Mick Dempsey and Lyng gone. DJ seemingly gone in. Lyng gone over the 20s.

Donal Og is a stop gap for a year, Furlong/Wall will take over in 2020.

U-21s is a good appointment. Seniors going nowhere. Wait and see with the Minors.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Source?

They won’t be short of that legendary “Carkness” next year anyway.

Word on the ground in KK. Did you hear anything

Time to come home Mick.

Cody’s hardly going to throw a couple of lads under the bus after losing three times in one season to little old Wexford.

He’s throwing them off that new bridge instead

Cusack v Derek in the 2020 minor hurling championship would lead to an unmerciful RTE love-in.

Laois and Cork, two of the biggest sleeping giants in Hurling. Albeit one put up a good showing last year, but I’m sure Cork can turn it around yet.

2 Likes

Mick Dempsey must be part of Cody’s backroom team for a lot of years now?

Since around 2005 or thereabouts

First I heard of it but I’ll put the feelers out