GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Joe Dooley is stepping down from managing the Biffo’s

The sparrow has flown

Richie Bennis favourite to take over

Looks as though we will be having a busy Autumn ahead of us in terms of new mangers being apponted in hurling

Off the top of my head Wexford, Offaly, Laois, Cork & Clare all have vacancies that need to be filled, while there are still question marks whether Donal O’Grady will commit to another year or two with Limerick while John McIntyre says he wants to continue with Galway but there will surely be a push against him and a new man at the helm for next year.

Barring Waterford beating Kilkenny next week, which is a long shot it is hard to see Davy getting another year with Waterford after their drubbling in the Munster final and he is favourite at this time for the Clare job barring other alternatives making themselves available.

If Kilkenny were to win the A/I this year I wouldn’t be surprised to see Cody walk away either

Hard to see Conor Counihan staying on as well. Kieran McGeeney should go too, but he’s such a stubborn fucker i’d say he’d have to be pushed.

Why would McGeeney have to be pushed? He is a paid through expenses of course employee and can be told to go at any time.

You really don’t understand. You’re inability to read properly is really coming against you recently.

O Flathartha got the bullet in Galway last night. No real surprise there. He was never a good fit.

Come on down Micko…

Kevin Walsh would have been seen as the obvious replacement but has blotted his copybook somewhat this year. Alan Mulholland must be the favourite now.

I thought Liam Sammon was treated badly there. Had them playing good football. He was in charge for one of the best games I have seen in years against Kerry in Croker with the lights.

yeah good call farmer… had them playing their traditional way after peter forde tried to make them into a northern style team…

Looks as though Davy has been offered a two year extention by the Waterford county board, subject to approval by the clubs and ratification at Septembers county board meeting. Still not a forgone conclusion and I would say that a few of the clubs will oppose him. Presume nothing will be done in Clare til Davy’s future is sorted

I’m hearing the same chewy. And not a foregone conclusion as you say.

Lotta twitter buzz that Davy is gone from Waterford.

What’s twitter?

The Clare Champion ran an article last week saying he was going to step down. He was apparently offered the job for another two years by the board but something went wrong after that. Maybe the players didn’t want him, or maybe objections came from other quarters. Either way it looks like we’re stuck with him next.

Has Henry Martin confirmed this rumour with his sources yet?[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 154861”]
The Clare Champion ran an article last week saying he was going to step down. He was apparently offered the job for another two years by the board but something went wrong after that. Maybe the players didn’t want him, or maybe objections came from other quarters. Either way it looks like we’re stuck with him next.
[/quote]

I don’t know but until he has it is only wild heresay…

Not as far as I know. Around two weeks ago the word was that Davy had been offered the extra two years and was supposedly taking them. I suppose we won’t know what happened for a while but the word in Clare changed from him not being in the picture to him being the front runner. The Clare Champion is essentially the mouthpiece of the county board and when they announced that he was leaving Waterford it had to be the truth, unless there was yet another agenda at play.

There will be very mixed feelings about him taking over in Clare but we don’t seem to have any better options to be honest. ill be interesting to see what Waterford do now. The talk a while ago was that Denis Walsh was going to be brought in but who knows. If they go for an internal candidate they’ll have to be careful. You could easily see the feuds breaking out once local politics become a factor.

Wasnt Donal O Grady to be reappointed in Limerick? Some journos speculating on the tweet machine that he’s stepped down.