GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Shock as employer insists on employee concentrate on doing his job. Given Nickys jaunts with the Ethiad thing its not like they’re too hard on him I’d imagine. Hard to see what AIB would get out of this only a less focussed employee. Its a shame for him personally but more proof that managing an top intercounty side is moving closer and closer to being a job for teachers or being purely full time.

nickey seems to get plenty of time off for media/pr bits and pieces and would be a regular on the golfing pro am circuit in this country which do not happen at weekends

if he gave up all this he might have had time for the tipp job and may have had no need to run it by his employers

I am lead to believe an ultimatum was put forward he could either train the Tipp team for the year or the Clonlara hurlers for a week…in fairness it was a no brainer

I would have chosen the 4th best team in Clare as well, no pressure…

The only team to beat Crusheen this year B)

:clap: , potential…

:clap:

It’s widely known he laid the groundwork for this year’s victory

I believe Richie Bennis is still available

See below, its just them acting the cunt if thats the reason he can’t take it. I’m sure he works hard, but a whole pile of it is bromotional.

Mac - I heard Ritchie is taking on a well known club team in Cork, i’m really not sure if its a wind up or what. I’m going to give it a few days to see if there is any truth in it.

Banty is the new Meath manager. Wahey!

Banty and his backroom team will be getting 11,000 euro a month in expenses off the meath county board

How do you know this?

My sources* told me

• rte radio one

:clap: :clap:

17/12/2010 - 09:49:07
One of the GAA’s biggest team sponsorship deals has come to an end with Aer Arann ending their relationship with the Galway football teams. The five-year deal between the parties had two more years to run.

The exact amount involved was never revealed by either party, but a figure of around €500,000 over the five years was not denied by either the sponsors or the Galway Football Board at the time of the launch.

Aer Arann chairman, Pádraig Ó Céidigh, a native of Spiddal, who at the sponsorship launch in January 2008 described the link-up with Galway GAA as “one of the proudest moments of my life”, has been involved in Gaelic Games in his native county since his playing days and was also a member of a special task force assembled last year to undertake a review of Galway football.

The airline exited examinership just a few weeks ago after posting multi-million euro losses over a two-and-a-half year period.

It is thought that their sponsorship to the Galway Football Board had been honoured until they entered examinership.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/aer-arann-ends-galway-sponsor-link-486039.html#ixzz18ManUdDQ

The Runt knows the score :clap:

Former Laois manager Niall Rigney has taken over James Stephens in Kilkenny.

that is very auld news, you mentioned here in a roundabout way weeks ago

Aye, just gone into the public domain now.

FFS :rolleyes:

I appreciate that this Rigney news was too important to be mentioned explicitly before the deal was ratified. Another one of these ‘I know something but I won’t say it outright’ instances. Hilarious.

Not so Bandage, the only reference I gave to it was to ask did any of the Kilkenny lads hear about it? All I’d heard was a rumour but to be honest I didnt think it was true. Its not stellar news or anything. Brian Whelehan is staying on with Camross for whats its worth also.