GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

His parents are both Kilkenny

The donkey farmer is more objective.

Cheddar has soft spots for some hurling counties, Limerick is another one he has a bit of a blind spot for.

Henry used to play, manage and ref the game he was playing in.

5 Likes

He’s a great judge.

Cheddar is brilliant. Why wouldn’t he praise Kilkenny. The cunts are brilliant

Shefflin leaves with his coaching reputation in tatters. As predicted.

7 Likes

Shefflin will be found out as a fraud.

Henry is a born winner and bring along with him, those that have the stomach for it.

Michael Fennelly was the brains behind it all, after all.

Shefflin over Ballyhale was a bit like Zidane at Real Madrid.

2 Likes

A very good manager at a very good team?

No I’d say the right man in the right place. He’ll struggle hugely outside of the ballyhale comfort zone.

Shefflin and Zidane were both walking into dressing rooms full of big egos who had plenty medals won previously.

By being such legendary figures they instantly commanded respect and by just keeping things very very simple were able to be successful.

Zidane never tried to reinvent the game like Pep or Klopp did. Same way Shefflin didn’t try to do anything fancy with Ballyhale. Both men were just perfectly suited for their roles.

I’m not sure Zidane or Shefflin would be able to build a team from the ground, but many a manager has taken over big clubs with loads of talent and not been able to make the most of it.

Zidane is doing a fairly good job at the moment of rebuilding Real again

James Joxer O’Connor former Waterford full back has taken over at Ballyhale.

That makes more sense. Someone said to be that it was the Black and Tan in Blue and White that was taking over there and I figured that couldn’t be right.

What years did he play Fagan ??

gobshite