GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

I can never get my head around lads managing against their own county.

1 Like

They’ll surely be a good bet to win division 4 next year but I can’t really see the attraction there. Not like Kildare or someone who have had a bit of underage success and have the raw talent there. Louth don’t seem to have the same calibre of player as they did 10 years ago.

Pete Mcgrath was there 2 years ago but his time in management has come and gone. They were Division 2 the season under him, 2 relegations now in 3 seasons so shouldn’t be too big an ask to get promoted again. Fair play to Harte anyway, wish him all the best.

It’s a shot to nothing.

If it doesn’t work out - “look at what he had to work with.”

If he gets them promoted or has any success it copperfastens his position as the greatest manager of the modern era.

They’ll win division 4 next year I’d imagine.

I wouldn’t be so sure lads, that Devlin is a nawful stook.

Imagine he wouldn’t take on an Ulster team.

A two fingers from Harte to those who say Leinster football is dead.

2 Likes

Atonement from Tyrone to Louth for the Tyrone referee Sludden who awarded Joe Sheridan the goal in 2010.

That’s a mad one. Even not taking an Ulster county, fucking Louth like :grinning:

The big news of the night

1 Like

Sugrue gone from Kerry U20s.

It’s like getting dumped and going to the night club the following week and mooching the ugliest bird to show you’ve moved on …

4 Likes

He should have held out for Cork. Ronan McCarthy isn’t the man for the job. Although the commute would have been a bit off putting😅

Louth is more or less an ulster county.

3 Likes

Gerry Adams TD served the people of Louth well.

RTE News made sure to mention there that Louth will be in Division 4 next year.

1 Like

The only way is up

Yeah that’s fair. The traditional Oriel heartland was Monaghan, south Armagh and Louth, although the exact border fluctuated.

1 Like

Mickey Harte OBE (Out By Easter)!