GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

His star is on the wane

A lad taking over a D3/4 team needs to bring a bit of charisma, wit or a smidgen of media smarts with him to get the natives onside. The Cross lads were dour sorts to be fair.

2 Likes

Dourest of the dour
Sourest of the sour

1 Like

He is based in the west and Dublin a bit if I recall correctly with work from his time in mayo used be able to get a training in mayo and a training with Dublin based players in throughout a week. But yes serious mileage = :dollar:

Be a fella I’ve heard of who’s from kerry and is currently a manager. Who was over all the minor wins Jack o Connor or was there someone else?

Peter Keane managed kerry minors to 16, 17 & 18 all Ireland final wins. Jack o Connor at the helm for 14 & 15 all ireland minor wins

1 Like

And both of them having been shitting the pot since

Winning those Minor All Ireland’s could have been the worst thing to ever happen any of those associated with them

1 Like

Fitzmaurice and Donie Buckley are the obvious candidates.

Give it Pat Spillane.

Donie wouldn’t have any interest in being the front man

1 Like

He might be sick of getting fucked over at this stage, but agreed

You’d wonder what makes a coach tick sometimes. Would he not think, arra fuck all these cunts, I’m going to take it on and do it myself. Shur he’d be as well qualified as anyone. Bring in a coach with you that has your ideals, have logistics men for the rest. Be hands on or hands off as you see fit. Christ you’d surely be tempted to.

I suppose it’s a lot less hassle

Not sure what he has to lose at this stage.

The real good coaches tend to be only interested in coaching. It’s almost an art form to them. Dealing with day to day management stuff is not for everyone

1 Like

Might be the only way to stop getting fucked over in Kerry.

Time for Jack to come home to Kerry.

Lots of trouble tonight in Kerry GAA. Reports are that senior players led by Moran and Geaney have voted 26 to 11 to get Peter Keane removed as manager… he has lost the dressing room since he got rid of donie buckley… Geaney was dropped for Cork game for disciplinary reasons…also before Cork game Keane warned David moran about not retaining possession properly and trying to kick long range points when they not on…he more or less went out and done exact opposite…
Liam Kearns reckons Keane will be gone within the next week or so… County chairman on his side to so it cud get messy :flushed:

Peter Keane didn’t kick 18 wides

4 Likes