GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Some of them would have yeah. My auld lad was generally finished by 2am (his shifts got better as he got stabbed) so he’d have a dinner before he went in and then he brought stuff like fruit, bread and cheese with him. Wouldn’t have been a fella for snacking or eating sweets. There were lads who were getting takeaways a couple of nights a week.

2 Likes

When working shift or nights it is said that you should stick to normal eating habits. Eat breakfast in the morning, dinner in the evening etc but I suppose it is easier said that done when it is night 4 in a row of a 12 hour graveyard shift and you need some grease or shit to keep you going.

That toilet must of been under fierce pressure.

Templemore is a euphemism for doing whatever the fuck you want.
We’re now at a point where coaching a successful club is the pathway to coaching Kilkenny.
Which mighn’t be a bad thing. From what I can see the club championship has been ahead of some counties in terms of tactics.
Cody probably has another 1-2 years before the pressure to change becomes too much and Eddie at the moment is the natural successor.

1 Like

Not Henry?

Henry is a long way off an inter county appointment.

Aidan Fogarty said the other day that if it was anyone else except Cody managing Kilkenny that his head would be on the chopping block. If a guy with 8 All Irelands and was a favourite of Cody despite there been plenty of options for his position is saying that about you then the mood music in Kilkenny is probably not great. Losing to Waterford is unpalatable for them whatever about Limerick, Wexford or Galway.

That’s an odd statement, why so unpalatable to lose to Waterford?

Have you ever been to Kilkenny?

Ask anyone in South Kilkenny. I suppose they just are not used to losing to them and have never traditionally seen them as rivals.

Yeah, but (and Kilkenny posters correct me if I’m wrong) the thing has always been that Cody will go when Cody wants to go. They’re scared shitless of making any other decision

So Brian, I hope you’re there for the next 10 years.

Yes I have, Tipp, Cork, Wexford all bigger rivalries. Don’t think they even consider/respect Waterford as a hurling county

Ask anyone in South KK if they’ve ever seen Waterford as rivals?

So you’ve basically answered your own question on why they find it unpalatable losing to Waterford.

1 Like

No, just wondering what was Fitzys angle

Yeah they are starting to wonder where or when the next All Ireland is going to come from. You only have to look at Cork and see how the years can go by without one. I’m not sure Cody is going to drastically change his ways at this stage of his life. I expect that when TJ calls it a day Cody will too. The team is built around him.

I still think he’s doing a good job with what he has. AI Final last year, Leinster championship and AI semi this year

1 Like

Precisely.
Which is why they are aghast at Waterford playing senior intercounty hurling next weekend and them, not.

TJ’s what, 33, 34? He’s still unbelievable, but I don’t think it’s down to him. He has no idea where to play half of them, they’re getting old and there seems to be a lot of injuries being carried.
They just seem confused and no one has any fear of them anymore which is significant.

With the exception of the Galway game this year, they seemed to have relied on a blast them away early tactic. Just about worked against Limerick last year and Dublin this year, and didn’t work against Waterford this year and Tipp last. “Kilkenny don’t do tactics”. If that’s the case, maybe they should start now.