GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

true, sad thing is there is no other midfielder in kerry up to standard or else if there is , he hasnt been given a chance.

Kerry just havent brought through midfielders. The loss of Mark O’Connor to Aussie Rules is just incalcuable

Eddie Brennan appointed as Cuala manager

The richest job in hurling.

2 Likes

I wonder did he have to go through the application process that they were advertising?

How does a fella hold down a job, raise a young family below in Tipperary and train a club team above in Dalkey?!

I think he works in Waterford these days.

He was in Templemore in the training college I thought?!

I’d say it’s not easy in fairness

2 Likes

Cheddar back to Laois according to HOTD.

You might be right though a pal of mine bumped into him in Waterford a couple of times recently

Think he works in templemore doing the fitness training but was moved temporarily for COVID…

1 Like

Not

A

Hope

Yeah I heard him interviewed recently talking about working in Templemore

Templemore is handy ish for Dublin I suppose.

In his own mind its only for a few years and its to win the race to get in after Cody?

It’s handy-ish full stop.

You’d see a lot of gardai carrying serious timber .once they pass out of templemore, is that the last fitness test?

Yup. My Dad was in the job. He was, and still is, naturally slim. He wouldn’t have ever been a big drinker, played hurling til his late 30s, and worked whatever he ate off doing a bit of farming.

There were some lads who worked with him that were big big units. These would be lads that would go off and get chips when doing nights and it would become a regular thing. There were at least three fellas who worked with him that you’d classify as obese (he’s retired 19 years so this is going back a while when there probably weren’t as many fat people out there). One fella, from Clare, drank 30 pints in one session before. Of porter. There was another fella whose nickname was “Feed Me” after those bins you’d see in take aways, as he’d mop up any bit of food that was left behind. He was also known as Big Ger, which was a polite way of saying Fat Ger

3 Likes

They only got rid the height requirements 20 years ago. As long as you were over 5’9 you were deemed physically fit

Some kip though (the town, that is).

Is it? Not been there too often but nice enough town by Tipp standards I would’ve thought

Nightshifts must destroy fellas bodyclocks.

Would they have to have their dinner in the middle of the night they would?