GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Hard to live up to the aura of Cody. But Shefflin could.

What had Cody managed before he took over KK?

Cody managed the Village to nothing before he got the county gig. Lyng has the reigns of the u20s this year and next.

We need a change.

1 Like

How was Cody given the gig so with no managerial experience, odd?!

Different era.

It just goes to show really, there’d be a player strike if that happened today

Wasn’t Sean Boylan a hurling man when he got the football job with Meath.

That’s correct. I suppose a manager these days is more of a facilitator and builds a team around them

Surely no county team will change their manager before the next championship, which will be done and dusted within 7/8 months? Limerick will be the hottest of favourites for the hurling, just need to keep topped up / ticking over. Dubs the same for the football

Anything was a blessed relief after that ignoramus Kevin Fennelly

2 Likes

The Puck was not liked, that’s for sure.

I have heard that Kilkenny GAA people led by Cody won’t accept any money for GAA outings such as presenting medals etc around the country.

If that’s true then Cody is very much an alright sort for me.

I may have said it before here, but Cody handed out medals for a Laois Club in the Midlands Park Hotel in Portlaoise a few year back. They gave him a presentation of a signed book by someone or other who Cody admired from a coaching pov. Cody accepted it gracefully and seemed gentuinely moved by the thoughtfulness of it. Little did he know that inside the book was an envelope with a few bob in it. Cody discovered this around Abbeyleix, turned the car around and returned the cash.

I am reliably let to believe and backed up by an employee of the Hotel that that, in fact happened.

10 Likes

Why did he just not cash it?

Pity a few more of these ‘coaches’ dont follow his example

My mate at the hotel pocketed it.

What was he doing reading the book while driving the car?

Why didn’t he just ring them to say he’d be ripping up the cheque?

A lot of holes in your made up story.

2 Likes

He had the wife with him

She opened the book

It was cash

You’re hungover

1 Like

It’s only cash since you went back and edited the post though

11 Likes

So I did. I’m glad I fixed that.