GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

They will.

He’ll have them training above in DCU.

Jesus. If John Connellan thought the odds were stacked against him before this. Wait till he gets a load of this spoofer.

Ah stop.

Ken is a top man. A season ticket holder at Old Trafford.

Exactly the kind of weirdo an intercounty football team need so

1 Like

A Billy Sheehan type so

Steven Poacher has joined the Roscommon Senior Football coaching team for 2021.

The Down man who joined Carlow GAA in 2017 will bring vast experience to Anthony Cunningham’s backroom team.

Anthony Cunningham said this evening -

“I am delighted to welcome Steven on board and we look forward to working with him to strengthen our team in 2021.”

Fucking hell :rofl:

A match made in hell.

I can’t fucking wait to see this

Is this what you get for 900k these days?

I know, it wouldnt go far in Dublin either for that matter.

1 Like

Highly rated :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bold move from Tessio.

That’s if it’s a local appointment but in many cases its not and you’re probably giving up 20/30 hrs a week of your time.

Not to mention the fact most of the chaps have jobs so are effectively adding that on top of a 40hr shift in whatever they do. I think 2.5 times your rate for your normal job would be the right amount to charge

So I’d say you’d easily be looking at €50 per hour to cover travel expenses and time.

Poacher has a loser attitude. It’s very disappointing to see Roscommon go down this route

I’ve listened to him on a good few podcasts, videos etc.
I like his thoughts on a lot of things, but then you don’t really seem them transfer to his teams. The Down minor team he was involved with (and he raved about the quality of forwards they had) only got 5 scores.

It seems the best thing you do as a coach is find the biggest basket case county you can, get in there, professionalise things a bit, get any few results and you’ll be lauded as some kinda genius.

1 Like

Sure there are a heap of fellas doing this at club level as well. Get the gig on reputation, goes in and gets commitment for a year, flogs the shit out of them and gets the fit and a few wins due to said fitness and then engineers a way out of the job when everybody realises that it isn’t sustainable and the players aren’t willing to be flogged for another 12 months and the coach can then move on and say to the next unsuspecting side that he couldn’t get the desired commitment from the last group but took them as far as he could.

6 Likes

He done a coaching clinic in our club a few years ago and I taught he was pretty good. you can get a lot of spoofers at these things but his was one the best I have gone too,
The two selectors we have with Cunningham the last two years would be limited enough so he is definitely an improvement.

Poacher is very well thought of.

Seems to upset the Laois lads though.