GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

He’s your typical ‘that’ type of coach. Thinks he’s reinvented the game, when in truth he’s afraid to develop a game plan that could actually use the attacking players at his disposal. It’s all negative football and negative philosophy. He can preach all he likes, but when push comes to shove he reverts to negative nasty tactics.

At the end of the day he’s proven to not be up to it really. It was at a low level and it was only Carlow, but he cracked regularly there, not least, a number of different spitting incidents against players and opposition backroom teams. A real gem this fella. You wouldn’t want to be letting him within an asses roar of any team you were involved with.

Best of luck to Roscommon.

2 Likes

Well he is a nordy after all

Roscommon actually have some lovely footballers as well.

Is Poacher still living off that heroic 0-19 to 0-07 defeat for Carlow against Dublin in 2017?

Anything else of note on his CV?

2 Likes

Got Dermo done along with Spillane. He must be so proud.

I doubt he is proud of it, in fact I doubt it ever even enters his head to be proud or otherwise

Spillane really let himself down that time.

Poacher would be very proud of that.

Dipping his toe.

how many players at the crux of this? 3 of an overlap?

“The best interest of Meath football” is hardly best served by throwing the toys out of the pram. There’s no doubt but McEntee is a thick cunt and I’d assume the CB is populated with equally thick cunts but Flynn would have known the score. Not officer material clearly. MBB had his CV sussed.

5 Likes

Meath have a good u 20 team too. Mullered dubs in a leinster u17 final tournament 3 years ago. Dubs taking it seriously also. None of the panel of 35-40 allowed play with their clubs last weekend.

2 Likes

Flynn was one serious baller in his heyday, I know I am repeating myself on that and it is irrelevant to this fall out

seems like a shame if they had prepared well for this to jacknife over 2 or 3 players

sure isnt that just rubbish , 35 or 40 players held back from clubs over it, they could have capped it at the 30!

Quitter

Madness mate - I could even be conservative in that number too

sad to say you could be correct

any chance of reconciliation between Bernie and the Royal family?

Stay out of it you

No. 3 and counting.

Tally hits the canvas. May God have mercy on any team with a bit of pride and dignity that just happen to be short a manager.

Paddy Tally departs role as Down manager · The42?

2 Likes