GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

I’m sorry Sid, but you just compared Ciaran Carey to Alan Shearer. Go and stand in the corner for 5 minutes.

We trounced ye with a dubious last minute point.

Last year?

Mac is a true Wexford supporter, always looking on the bright side :clap: :clap:

:rolleyes:

Yes, last year (the year ending Sept 2011)

What type of calendar ends in September?

The GAA Intercounty Calendar.

Mac making a fool of himself here. Yet again he has become entrenched in his own view and will not change. The the senior I/C gaa year runs from January to September.

What runt says is perfectly correct although he probably should have used the term season instead of year to avoid the ambiguity.

It is the same thing as saying Barcalona won the Champions League last year. Only a fool or a private schoolboy used to getting his own way would try to interprete this as someone using the calendar year as opposed to the sporting year

Mac and MBB are obviously still seething at us calling them out yesterday

Go on - flesh that out please.

:rolleyes:

Thats the way it runs alright, once you make a fool of them you can track the retribution attempts

As predictable as night following day…

How many years will Allen get Runt?

Fergal O’Donnell has resigned as Roscommon manager. Big blow for them.

Huge blow. I didn’t see that coming.

According to the Clare People earlier this week Davy Fitz has asked for a 6 year term in charge of Clare along with a major input into the selection of Minor, under 21 and intermediate management.

There could well be some truth to it as Davy was the only nominee for the job nominated by a dozen clubs or so and is in a strong negotiating position but given that the Clare People in recent weeks has also told us that Liam Sheedy was the front runner for the job, that Davy had agreed to become Galway manager and had named Davy’s backroom team despite the fact that none had even been approached by Davy, i think it is worth taking with a pinch of salt.

Its outragous in a way to make such a demand, but there is some value to the continuity aspect of it. Mind you i don’t believe Davy has the overall skills to pull it all off, more or less being a full time Director of Hurling one could call it.

If allowed and true Clare GAA is playing a very dangerous game, this is not Donal O’ Grady or John Evans we are talking about.

It is pure paper talk i would say, Davy is in strong negotiating position but isn’t stupid enough to go getting peoples backs up straight away. I don’t have a problem with the senior manager having some bit of an input into the 21’s and intermediate side as long as it isn’t a case that he isn’t handing out jobs for the boys or has the final say on the matter, but possibly having one of the senior selectors also involved with the 21’s would be a help. Dublin did something similar last year with Stakelum involved in both camps.

He wouldn’t have a hope of getting a 6 year term passed, at best he will do well to get a three year term with the possibility of an extra year or two end and more that it will be a two year gig with the possibility of a third. I doubt he has asked for it, and as i alluded to above the Clare People has been making up stories with not even a shred of truth in them with regards the Clare job for the last 6 weeks or so.