GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

They were knocked out of the Christy Ring cup at the weekend

Big blow to Kerry losing that one. Anyone know who’s over Kildare?

Willie Sunderland

And Meyler’s son plays for Sunderland. That’s very pleasing symmetry.

General lack of ability to do the job required I’d say

The Jerry Wallace experience came to a very quick end in Antrim. This ‘RTE Undermined Me’ story from him is a bit odd to say the least - http://hoganstand.com/antrim/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=170848

He should have stayed coaching Limerick :shakefist:

I presume he felt Ciarán Carey could handle that better that he ever could, what with the clean living lifestyle and all.

And he’s back again :strokechin:

And he’s gone again…

Wallace leaves Antrim. Again.
26 June 2012

Jerry Wallace has parted company with the Antrim hurlers for the second time in a month.

The Cork man originally resigned as Saffrons boss on June 9th, following the Leinster SHC defeat to Westmeath, before being brought back in by interim manager Jim Nelson as physical trainer.

However, Antrim PRO Brendan Mulgrew has confirmed that Wallace is no longer involved, having been asked by Nelson to leave the management set-up last night.

Antrim face Limerick at the Gaelic Grounds on Saturday in Round One of the senior hurling Qualifiers.

Wallace was part of the Treaty County backroom last season when Limerick beat the Glensmen in Round Three of the Qualifiers.

Luke Dempsey has stepped down as manager of Carlow following this evening’s defeat to Laois

He’s been there a good few years now? Thankless enough job tbf. Was it Westmeath he managed before?

[quote=“hannibal, post: 155057”]

He’s been there a good few years now? Thankless enough job tbf. Was it Westmeath he managed before?[/quote]

Yeah, he managed Westmeath to an All Ireland U21 title and was their senior manager for a few years after that too.

And Longford?

[quote=“Appendage, post: 155059”]

And Longford?[/quote]

Yes he managed them too. What’s your problem?

[quote=“Bandage, post: 155058”]

Yeah, he managed Westmeath to an All Ireland U21 title and was their senior manager for a few years after that too.[/quote]
And the minor All Ireland. I never had much problem with him but having spoke to people who have dealt with him they dont have much time for him.

The vacancy for McGeeney now exists in Armagh.

He’ll make Armagh contenders in no time if he takes over. That panel has talent, but it also, crucially, had Paddy O’Rourke.

WRONG THREAD

He couldnt do worse with them than O Rourke anyway. He will also need to solve the Cross question, which I imagine he will. Pull Oisin in as selector/waterboy and you’re off to a great start.