GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

I wouldn’t touch Kelly. I’d give it Bill. He has a bit behind him, like a serious mafia of Laois GAA.

I fear for next year no matter which of that trio get it now.
Think there’ll be a huge number of lads turning it down.

Perhaps but I reckon both Eddie and Billy might lose the older lads but will bring the younger lads.

We’ll see

Tipp said they were close to an appointment aby word on who that will be ? I had heard up to 15 different people had turned it down…
much easier now get a club job for a few pound less but considerably less work

Him and his mate Brolly arent wrong here. Clubs and Counties should be made develop their own managers and should suffer if they dont. It should be like players. Even at that I wouldnt be adverse to advisors coming in and helping out from time to time, but the culture of the outside manager isnt a good one at any level and hasnt succeeded in most cases and in many has actually done more harm than good.

3 Likes

Ratified.

That great GAA word.

2 Likes

Brolly was great entertainment in that pod today

1 Like

Niall Moyna :flushed::smiley:

1 Like

Some amount of bluffers in there. Thank God Gilroy saved us

Seems an expensively and somewhat haphazard management team fired together. I can see problems ahead. Relegation awaits.

A piss poor appointment for Louth. Not exactly a statement of intent on building on recent successes.

Ciaran Meenagh has thrown his lot in with Laverty in Down for next year. I presume they didn’t show him the Tailteann final when inviting him, but he seemed to be a decent sort in his spell with Derry and is a welcome addition.

1 Like

Fact of the day. Niall Moyna was doing S&C for the Limerick footballers in the 1980s when he studied in UL. S&C isn’t as new as some think

Especially where Limerick footballers are concerned

The Limerick footballers had a slew of S&C coaches thanks to UL. Not that it did them much use

Seriously, when louth are appointing a sports psychologist as part of the backroom team, something has gone wrong.
Paddy is a gullible idiot sometimes.

That’s fairly backward thinking right there.

Psychology is easy if your team has years of tradition of winning.

Sport should be for pleasure first and foremost.
If that’s backward, I’ll take it happily.

OK. Elite (even hobby elite) isn’t a pleasure.

It would be grand if it was a pleasure all the time but sure then anyone could do it.