GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Very very much so.

2 Likes

How did I forget that.

You could even argue an asterisk over 71 given the Limerick disallowed goal in the Munster final and babs swapping the sliothar

3 Likes

I can’t understand how anybody can support the current direction things are going.

The inter county managers desperately need to have all power taken away from them.

It’s gone too far at this stage.

Completely agree. A few spoofers/self important wankers are ruining the entire ethos of the GAA. They have to be reeled in. The current course is not sustainable.

Cathal O’Neill was blackguarded not to get a YHOTY nomination in fairness. The medals lessen the pain though.

1 Like

He cant even start for his county.

I cant even remember who won these awards last year. Was it then 22 year old Mikey Butler and the Galway corner back Glynn?

Anyone who’s remotely eligible now has a fair chance of winning it.

We? :joy:

In fairness breaking into this Limerick team is not easy. He was worthy of a YHOTY nomination surely. Would the other 3 lads nominated have played as many minutes on this generational Limerick team who have won so much. If we’re being fair. The answer is no mate.

It would take smart thinking by congress to try and bring in measures to counteract it’s direction, but as we see time and time again, managers are more than willing to flout the rules and incur the punishments if caught in order to have ‘the edge’. I feel that the end result if it isn’t stopped is that our country’s talented athletes will opt to play any sport that isn’t GAA and stopping that trend will become the new challenge.

1 Like

Jake Morris was nominated as a sub in 2019 so i take your point that there is precedent but it doesn’t take from the fact there is a complete lost generation there now.

1 Like

I’d be hopeful that will start to ease off over the next few years. From our perspective in Limerick we’ve some very good prospects coming through that could really put their hands up next year hopefully in the league maybe to start with anyway.

He would be a shoe in for it if he started for any other county. He would be a top 3 forward at the very least for every other county and an all star nominee.

1 Like

He did step up this year in fairness. Even got a couple of points in the All Ireland final. Lovely goal against Cork in the GG’s and I think he got 5 from play vs Tipp in Thurles.

Not bad going.

No disagreeing with you at all. Best young player Ive seen in the country in the last 5 years bar none.

1 Like

Cork stiil hopelessly reliant on Harnedy to play half forward to win some ball.The standard of senior club hurling is a shadow of what it was. The Mon and Farna gone. City hurling going to plummet , Douglas aside,once this Barrs side move on.I’d bite you hand off if I was offered 1 senior All Ire per decade going forward.

https://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/329505

The resurgence begins! :rocket:

80k wouldn’t get you seven days in bundoran

Did mcguinness have Gallagher as his right hand man when Donegal got to the final in 2012 and 2014 ?