GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Davy to Antrim. 120k plus house and car.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t be much of a house these days tbh.

All you need is a safe house.

Box office

Gravy Davy.

He could actually do well there. The bit i have seen of antrim in the last few years they looked to have a nice bit of talent but lacking in fitness and organisation. Davy can do fitness and organisation.

1 Like

Hopefully he has done a crash course on the use of WhatsApp

1 Like

Yeah, his particular skills are suited to a team like that if there is a buy-in.

I wouldn’t touch him if you have even the slightest ambition of winning an All-Ireland, personally, but as you say, he can definitely bring fitness & organisation and that can have a huge impact in bringing teams from a lower base.

Tbf, Gleeson seems to have done a fairly good job with Antrim.

2 Likes

what happened

Put a msg slating certain players that was meant for the management group into the players group.

He’s a real case of failing upwards. Ran out of Cuala and Meath. Westmeath have a nice 15 and a good age profile. A couple of good young forwards coming on stream.

1 Like

I work with a lad who is hurling for Charleville who tells me they do a lot of the same as below.

He had them fit as fuck - they have been in the gym since October

https://tfk.thefreekick.com/t/2022-gaa-club-championships/35169/196?u=big_dan_campbell

1 Like

My man in Cuala told me they didnt play a match in training over two years. Then in the meeting before a championship game he would speak about a specific tactic/setup despite never running it in the playing field. The reason he got two years there was that JJ Doyle his sidekick was very well got.

3 Likes

My man in Charleville says he’s a good bit better than Mark Foley was anyway, which wouldn’t be hard.

1 Like

The Limerick or Cork Mark Foley?

Limerick. Soon to be new Kerry manager.

Paddy Christie leaves Longford with his two Byrne Cup trophies

And a relegation to Division 4 and bad championship exits as well.

Davy has some life all the same. Has he ever really had what could be classified as a real job? But he’s garnering plenty of coin all the same. Just the 3 hours 44 minutes from the Bridge to Corrigan Park. Where do Antrim train?

1 Like

No. The majority of his business enterprises, mainly pubs, have gone belly up, although I assume he did well out of Irelands fittest family.

1 Like

What pubs did he own? He hardly drinks?