GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Just north of Antrim town, so add another 30 minutes onto the journey each way. But it’s the same journey Gleeson has been doing I suppose.

The only one he still owns is the Bellsfort inn out towards Newmarket. Think it is closed a while now though, the mother seemed to mainly run it on his behalf. Never did much of a trade and I think he was trying to turn the site into a hotel at one point.

He leased a number of pubs too in Lahinch, Killaloe and other places but none of them ever lasted long - he was in trouble for not paying rates with Clare county council at one point.

He fell in for a farm off one of his uncles before Covid and as far as I know he had some headage - not sure how hands on he is in it.

Would there be any tinge of sadness towards Davy in clare? It’s hard to imagine a man who won two all Irelands as a player and one as manager is so disliked by his own county?

20 and 20 were Clare’s jubilee years. Did he even turn up? I can’t remember.

There is very little sympathy for him as he is pretty much the architect of it all.

1 Like

It’s a little bit sad but as you say he’s the architect of his own trouble.

Davy calving a limousin cow in the dead of winter would be iconic so it would.

5 Likes

I seen somebody suggest mark landers go on Irelands fittest family

2 Likes

Yeah because there’s not already enough Cork loudmouths on it already.

1 Like

That’s very unfair so it is.

Davy is texting all the lads and basically won the All Ireland for them with his advice and counsel.

1 Like

Yeah Dunsilly, outside Antrim. I heard today the County Board have/ will be offering it to Davy. Its up to him.

I knew ye were mad bastards up there, just never knew ye were this mad. I hope ye are paying him from grants from Whitehall.

I repeat.

The only problem for Antrim is that Davy would actually want to win, ie. he’d want to win Leinster. Whether Antrim would want to win that badly is much more doubtful.

He’ll play them off against 2 or 3 other options.

Very unlikely he’ll have 2 or 3 options

Looks like there could be a u-turn on this, a lot of unrest in westmeath over this particularly from 2 border clubs to meath

1 Like

Do these county boards or club officials appointing fellas actually ever pick up the phone and do a bit of research.

What research is needed on Davy Fitz?

Wasn’t talking about Davy Fitz. We were talking about the Westmeath appointment

1 Like

Ahh.

It’s kinda like Davy Fitz in fairness. Is Bulfin a wannabe Davy Fitz or is he a good manager/coach?

Have obviously seen him involved with a heap of clubs and now 2nd tier counties but obviously that doesn’t equal a ‘good’ manager/coach