GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Jaysus, Devlin is hardly a guru lads

Steven O’Neill will always be my favourite footballer and Canavans goal up there as well. Just because they didn’t roll over for the aristocrats they get the bad press. Harte is a dinosaur though and a bit of an oddball.

1 Like

He comes across as a right bollox but he was a brilliant footballer.

He was aware of his worth and still is. I like the glint in his eye as an analyst. He has the WUM gene and I hope to see it used more. But the problem with WUMming is you need somebody to take the bait, and the RTE panel now lacks that.

Shane “Cake” Curran is the new Carlow senior football manager.

Lucky Carlow…

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1748299263820316970?s=46&t=6YjbEjmM5b9DQH_NEv7K7A

2 Likes

That’s amazing :rofl:

Thats the top class analysis you can pay Gilroy for from behind the kimino.

1 Like

Carlow have appointed the biggest ego this side of Poacher. Apt.

Curran was obviously engaging in pure codology there but the truth is it actually bore out as Brigid’s were comfortably the better team for 90% of the game and Glen looked beaten for most of the second half. Brigid’s were psychologically in a much more healthy place and Glen only ended up winning in spite of themselves. So in a way it wasn’t codology at all.

1 Like

Ah Jesus

It’s like the shite Gilroy used to come out with when trying to make a case about how Kildare might beat Dublin

Have we a thread for things that seem like a bad idea as soon as they happen.

Jose to Fenerbache is another one, I think he might end up overthrowing the government

1 Like

He managed an intermediate team in Offaly to a county final. He then refused to turn up for the final because of the lack of adequate Covid restrictions. They won in his absence. He didn’t manage them the following year.

2 Likes

I don’t think he’ll see out the League with Carlow but I also think he played a blinder in his analysis of Brigid’s v Glen there.

Glen were completely all over the place for 45 minutes of that game as @Cheasty said.

Colm O’Rourke gone from Meath.

Curran is a horrible cunt hidden behind a simple and ADHD type demeanour.

1 Like

Meath will now undoubtedly win everything now as It was O’Rourke who was holding them back.

Meath are a head scratcher.

Football county. Big population and growing. Tradition. Tradition of winning. And absolutely useless.

You couldn’t see them winning an AI in the next ten years.

2 Likes

I would say file under Kildare but they don’t have a tradition of winning anything.