GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Ya Kildare are in the same boat but they have always been less than they should

Rourkey was obviously triggered by the clip doing the rounds on Twitter yesterday.

1 Like

The influx of culchies into Dublin created a winning GAA culture in the county. The influx of Dubs into Kildare and Meath did the opposite.

2 Likes

Grim stuff. The twitter coaches no doubt loved it.

It seemed like one team was playing like a weird high press or something and the other with the usual 15 behind the ball, it did not look like good viewing.

A couple of clips probably isn’t fair either.

I’d have a lot of admiration for O’Rourke for giving it a go, would have been a lot easier sit in the studio earning nice coin.

Remember he came in the first year and had them playing nice attacking football and they won a few games and everything looked to be purring. Then they met Derry who tore them to shreds, he may as well have packed it in that day because it never got any better

5 Likes

He left it too late.

1 Like

Winning the Tara Davis-Woodhall Cup final was one the great days in Meath football history.

Colm O’Rourke can always say he brought glory back to Meath as a manager.

I was there. Wasn’t a great game overall but easy highlight a few clips as you say.

The second game between Dunshaughlin and Summerhill was a cracking contest but people like to highlight the negative for clicks.

Dooher and Logan step down from Tyrone.

1 Like

Rory Gallagher to Tyrone would be some script

Tyrone managerial shortlist:
Mickey Harte
Rory Gallagher
Skeletor

Dooher and Logan, winners of the softest All Ireland ever shamefully annexed

No such a thing as a soft All-Ireland, except for most of Kerry’s.

Joint managers are a pile of wank. Neither be remembered in a few years

Enda McGinley’s time is now.

Notwithstanding his recent death, I wonder could Art McRory be persuaded to come back for a fifth term.

Darren Gleeson new Laois manager.

One of K Donaghy’s parents is Tyrone, right? A perfect stepping stone to try and prove his worth for the Kerry job. Cathal Corey could be a distant possibility also.

Marty reporting on Colm O’Rourke’s resignation next to a river in Navan on the news tonight.

6 Likes