GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

McGuinness is a super manager but I always said he was a cunt and that’s been borne out again over the last few weeks.

He’s bessiers with Parky and Brendy Devs so he can’t be all that bad.

Maybe, but I think the way they set out their stall (ignoring league and aiming at Tyrone) was a big mistake. I was really surprised at how much was made of that game.

The Celtic job may not have helped, but in fairness the donkey work was done already, it would have been about tinkering and planning.

I think for him and his family he should try and get more full time with Celtic and leave Donegal.

A huge name in GAA circles has put his name into the ring for the Laois job. My source precludes me from mentioning names here but this could be the biggest shock in GAA circles in decades. Truly incredible scenes if true, a recent change in the mans circumstances show he is already clearing his calendar to prepare to assume command.

Oh and McGeeney is being shown the road in sheepland.

Just fucking name him ya bluffer.

Don’t put anything up if you are not going to name him.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 824384, member: 273”]Just fucking name him ya bluffer.

Don’t put anything up if you are not going to name him.[/quote]
:smiley:

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 824360, member: 180”]

Oh and McGeeney is being shown the road in sheepland.[/quote]
Sheepland? Where is that?

Micko coming back to Laois then?

D’auld rogue

Ciaran Whelan would be a great choice. :clap:

Really?
Any club management experience?

:wink:

Fuckin chancer

[quote=“carryharry, post: 824451, member: 1517”]Really?
Any club management experience?[/quote]

Current manager of Raheny. Left Paul Earley’s international rules team earlier in the week due to his club commitments.

How are they going under him Count? In fairness to him, he talks a good game on TV but that doesn’t always mean pundits can do it when on the line.

Not the first time hes gone missing in the face of the Aussies.

John Allen has told the Limerick County Board that he is stepping down #ollieforlimerick

West Limerick 102FM’s ‘Saturday Sport’ report that Limerick Senior Hurling manager John Allen has left his post after a meeting with the Limerick county board.

Sources close to the board confirmed to 'Saturday ‘Sport’ that the Cork native, manager of Limerick since 2011, will leave with immediate effect. However, confirmation has yet to come from the Limerick county board. Allen took over the post in 2011 and this year lead Limerick to their first Senior Munster title since 1996.

#ollieforlimerick

#DaloforLimerick

Limerick GAA secretary secretary confirms that despite some local reports John Allen had not confirmed his departure as hurling manager -per jerome o’connell. Hmm.

Spike will be the last to know