GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

This sounds quite tenuous and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jim walk over the coming weeks.

He’s in the BBC studio for the Tyrone game tomorrow.

[B]Thomas Niblock BBC[/B] ‏@thomasniblock[/URL][URL=‘https://twitter.com/thomasniblock/status/371359787378024448’]24m
Jim McGuinness will remain as Donegal Manager in 2014. He will be analyst in BBC studio tomorrow for Tyrone v Mayo

wrong th he hasn´t got off the merrygoaround then…

I know he´s big into preparation but that´s ridiculous…he´ll freeze to death in the studio if its a cold night…

[quote=“scumpot, post: 821697, member: 182”]wrong th he hasn´t got off the merrygoaround then…

I know he´s big into preparation but that´s ridiculous…he´ll freeze to death in the studio if its a cold night…[/quote]
Jim will be prepared. He’ll have his blanket with him.

I chuckled at a post from @Bisto. I must be going delirious.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 821696, member: 180”][B]Thomas Niblock BBC[/B] ‏@thomasniblock[/URL][URL=‘https://twitter.com/thomasniblock/status/371359787378024448’]24m
Jim McGuinness will remain as Donegal Manager in 2014. He will be analyst in BBC studio tomorrow for Tyrone v Mayo[/quote]

Denied by McGuinness.
Only going to stay on if the county board allow him to “properly prepare his team”. i.e. McGuinness wants control over club fixtures.

The clubs should tell him to fuck off.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 822347, member: 1786”]Denied by McGuinness.
Only going to stay on if the county board allow him to “properly prepare his team”. i.e. McGuinness wants control over club fixtures.

The clubs should tell him to fuck off.[/quote]

To be fair, McGeeney, Jimmys mate in studio yesterday, is the czar in Kildare with less ability, less charisma, and less success. He can do what he likes with regards to fixtures, players, expenses, etc. Fuck it, he may even have Droit du seigneur

Well it’s bollox and it turns club players off the game.

No arguments here, but its not like anybody gives a fuck about Club players now is it?

It’s grand in the likes of Limerick cause you are pretty much guaranteed the county won’t be playing beyond July and the fixture list will be adhered to. Every club gets 5 group games, and this year even with the hurlers going far the group is only going to finish up a week behind schedule.

So you’re saying he’s to blame for their financial crisis?

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 822347, member: 1786”]Denied by McGuinness.

The clubs should tell him to fuck off.[/quote]
The county board could offer to accommodate him as far as possible, demanding complete control over club fixtures is a bit extreme though.

An extremely well connected man told me that he’s owed a serious wedge of cash by the CB.

Nah, that would be Hawkfield.

McGeeney is owed a fortune isn’t he?

McGuiness is a hypocrite IF its true he’s looking for control of club fixtures.

Duty of care my hole.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 822382, member: 273”]McGuiness is a hypocrite IF its true he’s looking for control of club fixtures.

Duty of care my hole.[/quote]

[SIZE=5]DONEGAL football manager Jim McGuinness has indicated that he will only stay on in the job if certain conditions are correct and he is “allowed to prepare the team properly”.[/SIZE]

The man who led Donegal to a famous All-Ireland victory last year has given the county board an ultimatum on some things he wants to see put in place if he is to stay on, and it is believed that the scheduling of club fixtures locally is one of the key issues.

The fact that the All-Ireland-winning manager met with his players and some Donegal officials on Saturday initialy sparked speculation that he had agreed to stay on for the final year of his four-year term.

But speaking on BBC television yesterday, where he was one of their All-Ireland SFC semi-final analysts, McGuinness said: "There’s no truth in that, I still haven’t decided yet. I’m still thinking things through.

“I don’t want to be Donegal manager for the sake of it, I want to be there for the right reasons and also for every system to be in place to be successful, all the (correct) systems have to be in place for me,” he said.

“The biggest thing is to be able to prepare the team properly,” he stressed. “I don’t think we got that opportunity this year on some levels, so that’s one of the issues we’re looking at and there are also a few other things as well.”

Pressed as to what problems he had incurred in preparing Donegal this year, McGuinness replied: “I don’t want to go into it now but it’s something I raised with the county board and spoke about with the players. We’ll see what happens during the week.”

He said he wanted to stay on “if the conditions are correct and you feel you can do your job but I don’t want to be there for the sake of being there”.

“I’ve had a couple of fantastic years, enjoyed every single minute of it and we’ve had a fantastic journey,” McGuinness added, “but the reality is that everything has to be right if you want to prepare a team and bring them forward, that’s the most important thing for me.”

He is basically trying blame others for his mistakes. That’s the way I’m reading it anyway.

Agreed. Would the big difference between this year and last year not be that Jim was now splitting his time in two as opposed to being soley focused on Donegal?