GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

A rare tfk exclusive for me. William Maher will leave the Waterford set up and join Shay Bolands management team with the Dublin senior hurlers. Jim Greene will replace Maher as a Waterford selector. All hell will break loose in Waterford.

Shay Boland?

Correct. Edited accordingly.

Dublin U21 Manager no? Think he was over them when they lost the Minor All Irelands as well.

William Maher is a Tipperary man, no? Full-back on a minor All-Ireland-winning team I think?

Ballingarry man, think he is married to a sister of Eoin Kelly

He is. An eye injury cut short his playing career. Highly regarded underage coach.

Maher captained tipp minors to an all ireland from midfield in 1996, his sister is married to Eoin Kelly

Maher was involved with Dublin underage for a few years. I think when Shay Boland was minor manager. He was centre back and captain I think when Tipp won the 96 minor all Ireland.

It seems Willie was some man to hurl, according to reports here, he won a minor All Ireland playing full back, centre back and midfield, all in the one game :clap:

Centre field and captain on 1996 winning team. Was a selector with Boland for Dublin minors in 2011 and managed Tipp to win the minor in 2012.

Eoin Kelly is a cousin of Niall & Ollie Moran from Ahane.

I stand corrected. He was centre back in 97. John Carroll was centre back in 96.

Really? Are you sure? If this was the case then surely the likes of Marty Morriessey and Ger Canning would tell us at every possible opportunity

I think Niall and Ollie are cousins of Paul as well.

One of his sisters is married to Eoin Kelly and I think another of them is married to one of the Kerins of Galway

Willie Maher also went to Kierans College and won an All Ireland there in 1996 with Shefflin, Michael Kavanagh…

Isn’t Willie Maher married to an Irish hockey international from Wexford?

I played a round of golf with Willie once in Callan.
Sound man.

IIRC he was full back on Eugene cloonan in that final and bet lumps out of him…think it went to a replay…Eugene o neill and john carroll were in tipp team…