GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

whats the story with Jim Greene?..did eh ever manage Waterford seniors?.. wasn’t eh incharge of minor team in '92 and over mount sion when they won munster?..always seemed to get shunned for county job…

He had a spell managing in the 80s but it didn’t go well. Would be seen as a divisive character and would also be seen as the City having too much influence.

You recall wrong pal, Fergal Heaney was the lad who skivered Cloonan in the replay.

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 1016923, member: 363”]I played a round of golf with Willie once in Callan.
Sound man.[/QUOTE]

The Kellys have cousins in Callan as well, amazing!

Aye, the Mahers.
The Foxes of Mullinahone are also cousins.

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 1016972, member: 363”]Aye, the Mahers.
The Foxes of Mullinahone are also cousins.[/QUOTE]
Surely this will be a central plank in the build up programmes for the replay. Really enjoyed the Up for the match featuring the Callan legends in the pub.

So William Maher is related to Niall Moran from Ahane, is that correct?

Greener is a great man and it’s bitter people up west say he has a city favouritism which is a load of bollocks - some man for the 1 liners and a real man manager, would work well with individuals, giving guys confidence etc dunno if he is the right man for the position going forward and I can see all the Scully Ryan lovers having a field day off this one - I personally have no problem with his appointment!

Lee Chin is their 2nd cousin too I heard

That was Shem Delaney’s pub and there was no Callan man there.

Crikey, ye should be sitting round the guillotine with the knitting.

I hear he’s back in training.

Who?

Paul Kelly

Is he still hurling away at club level? A lovely stickman in his pomp

Jim Greene failed dismally with Knockainey.

On the field yes, but not in his wallet.

Sure Knockainey wouldn’t hurl spuds to ducks

They used to have a team bus taking them to games in Bruff.

Did Greener drive the bus?