The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

I love you too Bati.

Paidi Maher roughly a million times better

1 Like

Maher at 6. And I agree, he was a better hurler.

Live spot. Ex-Cork footballer and ex-RTÉ pundit Tony Davis at Costa Coffee in Douglas Court. I noticed no queue so I’ve asked for a flat white to go. Tony next in line asked for the same, but to stay in.

Did the lack of queue impact your flat white order? Please provide more details.

Disappointing choice of coffee house

1 Like

Most of them don’t even know how to make a coffee. Seen a few of them froth the milk and then throw the coffee in on top of it. A truly awful place.

No, I would have a flat white in any case. I was early onto the flat white bandwagon (2015).

Shocking. But it was there and I needed a coffee hit.

Agree. The young lad behind the counter was around the same age as Ben & Jerry and I knew it wasn’t going to be great. Not in a small Flat White cup, basically got a latté. But like I said, I needed a hit.

I had a grand booze up last night in Limerick city as we bounced from one Flannerys to another. We headed into Maggie Choos for one as we know a couple of lads working there. Inside two time all Ireland winning manager Liam Sheedy was holding court at the bar with a group of lads. Liam was in good form so I decided not to debate him on his article about the split season.

2 Likes

Was in the glen tavern last night at one point and former Galway hurling manager Anthony Cunningham arrived in.
Still a tough looking nut

Some ex rugby fella Paul O Connell was in there as well

I’m hearing Anthony is all set to march into St Brigid’s ahead of the All Ireland semi final, Jerome is getting the door @peddlerscross

Glen Tavern is a fine pub.

Cian Lynch , Centra Clarina. Getting bugged by the locals.

I spotted Jack McCaffrey in St Anne’s Park, Raheny/Clontarf, at around 11.15am. I was inside the last 100 yards of the Goal ‘Mile” alongside my scooting youngest when I noticed McCaffrey to my left walking in the opposite direction on the pathway to the side. McCaffrey stated his intention to participate in this charitable endeavour in his Irish Times interview yesterday (cc Dublin GAA thread) & I think he performs an ambassadorial role for the charity from time to time. McCaffrey was wearing a dark green tshirt, black shorts & black runners & was sporting a contented expression as he walked back up the main avenue pathway after finishing his run.

9 Likes

You’re surely be due a place on the Dublin backroom team at this stage. What would be your area of expertise in such a high performance set up?

I’d hate to tar you with the “stats” brush or to be some Excel jockey reviewing GPS data so feel free to give suggestions as to how you might contribute.

1 Like

I could see @Bandage fulfilling a similar stats role to that of Michael “Briar” Dwyer with the Naomh Éanna hurlers this year.

1 Like

I had a few errands to run in my beloved Tipp Town this morning and had to run up to the Premier Supermarket in the country, Dunnes Stores for a few bits and bobs.

I had less than zero interest in being there to be honest and was probably 40% asleep/60% depressed as i moseyed and meandered my way through the various aisles.

Anyway as i came to the deli i noticed a fit looking, physical specimen in O’Neills leisure shorts which piqued my interest. There were two key reasons for this, 1) it was pissing rain outside and not a day for shorts, and 2) the colours (maroon & yellow) wouldn’t be the colours of any local Club i could think of.

Anyway he turned around and who was it only Dublin/Oliver Plunkett Eoghan Ruadh half forward Sean Bugler. Its left me with more questions than answers about what he was doing in Tipp Town but probably on the way back from a New Years getaway to Killarney or somewhere. He looked to have a very unassuming Deli manner and definitely fitted the “better people make better Dubs” mantra.

I doubt anyone else in the Supermarket recognised him apart from me, but I’d be renowned for my sharpness like that.

23 Likes

A lovely spot. Bugler is a firm favourite in this house as hed often be the player who comes to naomh mearnog for the cul camps.
One question, who in the name of god would drive through tipp town giing from killarney to dublin?

5 Likes

Was thinking the exact same thing.

1 Like

I stopped for a stroll around The Glen of Aherlow on the way back from Killarney around 7 years ago & was in Tipp town the same day.

1 Like