The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

You’re surely be due a place on the Dublin backroom team at this stage. What would be your area of expertise in such a high performance set up?

I’d hate to tar you with the “stats” brush or to be some Excel jockey reviewing GPS data so feel free to give suggestions as to how you might contribute.

1 Like

I could see @Bandage fulfilling a similar stats role to that of Michael “Briar” Dwyer with the Naomh Éanna hurlers this year.

1 Like

I had a few errands to run in my beloved Tipp Town this morning and had to run up to the Premier Supermarket in the country, Dunnes Stores for a few bits and bobs.

I had less than zero interest in being there to be honest and was probably 40% asleep/60% depressed as i moseyed and meandered my way through the various aisles.

Anyway as i came to the deli i noticed a fit looking, physical specimen in O’Neills leisure shorts which piqued my interest. There were two key reasons for this, 1) it was pissing rain outside and not a day for shorts, and 2) the colours (maroon & yellow) wouldn’t be the colours of any local Club i could think of.

Anyway he turned around and who was it only Dublin/Oliver Plunkett Eoghan Ruadh half forward Sean Bugler. Its left me with more questions than answers about what he was doing in Tipp Town but probably on the way back from a New Years getaway to Killarney or somewhere. He looked to have a very unassuming Deli manner and definitely fitted the “better people make better Dubs” mantra.

I doubt anyone else in the Supermarket recognised him apart from me, but I’d be renowned for my sharpness like that.

23 Likes

A lovely spot. Bugler is a firm favourite in this house as hed often be the player who comes to naomh mearnog for the cul camps.
One question, who in the name of god would drive through tipp town giing from killarney to dublin?

5 Likes

Was thinking the exact same thing.

1 Like

I stopped for a stroll around The Glen of Aherlow on the way back from Killarney around 7 years ago & was in Tipp town the same day.

1 Like

There’s a real earthiness to the whole area. Well worth a visit.

I’m merely speculating here about Killarney but it could have been anywhere.

I’d speculate some sort of country house in the area on air bnb.

1 Like

The prosecution rests.

1 Like

Tipp being in between the two motorways means it’s very unlikely he was traveling from somewhere else to Dublin I would say.
Unless he was mountain biking in ballyhoura or staying the Glen of Aherlow. Maybe his missus is from around Tipp

This is getting like Trevor Deely.

AirBnB in Tipp Town.
:sob: Can we still use ROTFL?

1 Like

There’s a large campsite about a mile from Feenagh village now,
Passed it the other day and it was thronged for NYE :man_shrugging:

I can only agree with you on that

A country house i said mate. Like a large old estate house with a bit of land around it so a big bunch of people can go party their heads off without attracting trouble. Not some 2 bed on the main st of tipperary town with a view of the chipper fights.

Cahir B&B

1 Like

You’ll never guess who I spotted in my locality just after 5pm? Yes, the decorated Dublin footballer Brian Fenton was walking his dog as I swung onto Killester Avenue on the way to collect my boys from crèche/afterschool.

I initially spotted a military aged dog walking male advancing towards me in the distance on the path opposite. He was sporting casual wear - runners, tracksuit, jacket. I was then struck by a white-coated blonde woman running towards him from behind & they commenced what turned out to be a brief exchange.

It was only as I drove past that I noted it was the recently engaged greatest midfielder of all time & his fiancée. For those using google Maps (cc @peddlerscross) their conversation occurred just over from Heaven Hair Salon & the new pretentious, appointment by app only, barber shop, With Purpose.

I proceeded to my destination taking a horseshoe route where I spotted the future Mrs Fenton a second time, emerging from an alleyway & walking in a purposeful manner. I surmised that maybe she had forgotten her key for their house & needed to get one from Fento, hence running after him while he was walking the dog. However, that’s speculation on my part.

18 Likes

Great to see a Northside alleyway being activated.

4 Likes

You’ll never guess who I spotted in St Anne’s Park on Dublin’s northside just before 10am? Yes, I’d just finished my 100 minute easy morning run. This run incorporated a pace pick-up for the last 20-25 minutes so I decided to tag onto the back of parkrun for this last faster bit. I’d just had my barcode scanned post race & was making my way to the Tutti Frutti stall for a mixed berries smoothie from the array of excellent Saturday Market options when I spotted decorated Dublin midfielder Brian Fenton & his fiancée.

They were standing on a little grass verge in the midst of the thriving market just back from the parkrun finishing area & Brian was eating something from a polystyrene container. I didn’t advance close enough to confirm the food type but I sensed an Asian fusion vibe. His fiancée was holding the dog lead & their trustee dog was present also.

They both had a relaxed demeanour & were generally surveying the cut & thrust of the vibrant Saturday morning park life. They were both dressed casually in runners, tracksuit pants, hoodie, jacket, type attire. As I waited for my order at Tutti Frutti, I observed the couple meandering further into the bowels of the market & out of sight.

19 Likes

I’m gonna get all these Fenton spots printed and put into a nice commemorative book as a tfk present to the fentons on their wedding day. Will throw in a few long lens photos of them drinking coffee, walking the dog, waiting in queues etc. It’ll be lovely.

47 Likes