GAA Rule Changes

But you need to play the ball at least 13 metres if you call a mark?

Yes or no?

Carry on.

Why are you asking @gilgamboa

Ya but if you call it, you should be entitled to just play on instead of taking it as free. Youā€™ve only 5 seconds to hit the free so if nothing is on you should be allowed to play away, similar to the Aussie Rules version of it.

Because heā€™ll provide a detailed response in a helpful and understanding tone.

1 Like

Huh. Clearly you can do this. You donā€™t need to call the mark. When you hit the ground you either stop playing to take the free or keep playing.

Heā€™s a rugger head. What the fuck would he know about it?

I am indeed a rugger head. With about 300 games of gaelic football under my belt as well Iā€™ll have you know

Heā€™s reintegrated into the GAA club since relocating to Cork a while back. Thinking of attending the AGM before Christmas and putting his name forward for the club committee.

1 Like

Even worse than your flip flop on rugby. I hope they run the cunt.

:rollseyes:

If you donā€™t stop playing you donā€™t get the mark, thatā€™s fine.
What Iā€™m saying is if you stop playing and get the mark, then you should have the option to just play on by soloing it or something. You shouldnā€™t have to play it like a free because youā€™ve called a mark.

Thatā€™s certainly how it reads pal

Iv been a paid up member of my local GAA club for nigh on 30 years you snobby old prick

I hope they donā€™t let you near a committee.

So you want the option of stopping play. Forcing everyone to retreat 13m. And then take off soloing again if it suits you once youā€™ve gotten the space you need?

Not sure how workable that is tbh julio

1 Like

Thanks be to fuck this old school mentality is dying out.

Itā€™s how they play it in Aussie rules, I think itā€™s much easier to implement than this

(b) Play on immediately

(i) In this circumstance the player may not be challenged for the ball until he carries the ball up to a maximum of four consecutive steps or holds the ball for no longer than the time needed to take four steps and/or makes one act of kicking, handpassing, bouncing or toe-tapping the ball.

(ii) If the Player is illegally challenged, a free kick shall be awarded to his team from the point at which the challenge is made, and this free kick may be taken by any player on his team.

He hasnā€™t called the mark, but youā€™ve to back off anyway. What if itā€™s in doubt whether its a mark or not?

1 Like

Itā€™s the likes of you are ruining the GAA.

Your just pissed off over my Gilmore Girls jibe is all. Nothing worse than cross-arguing. Itā€™s petty and beneath you tbh.

But the ref will have called the mark or otherwise? Tbh I think itā€™s a completely shit rule and will be v hard to enforce practically but think adding another layer to it would be carnage altogether