GAA Season Ticket

Shows the contempt they have for the hardcore supporter so

Their point being is that a lot of the season ticket holders are not club members, which seems like a very valid reason to me.

Rural migrants with no club association like @Bandage would be their target market

1 Like

I can’t speak for Limerick but the vast majority of season ticketers I know within Galway hurling circles are all active members of the local club. The reason I got a season ticket was because even as a panel member on our adult team the best I was getting from my Junior club was a Nally/Hill, so it made sense.

I think it could be made part of the pricing of season ticket, i.e. you become a member of your home club as part of it.

Where’s the value for people tho? I’ve never had the season ticket but it offered people a bit of value in what can be a pricey season between league and championship… Granted there were plenty in Limerick probably getting other people to use their allocation during league and early championship just to avail of a final ticket but there’s very little value out there , particularly for supporters with kids.

@carryharry is right, there needs to be a loyalty system or an option to buy championship games in packages - 2 home games for €30 etc.

Season ticket is ideal for those of us who live a long distance from home. I’ll be very fucking annoyed if they get rid of it

1 Like

Sure you’d do that to work everyday in the car.

I don’t live in the TUS GG mate.

How the fuck did he get your home address

They don’t like them because they are deducted from the county allocation for major games.

For example, If Limerick has 3.500 season ticket holders, that’s 3.500 less tickets that Spike would ordinarily get for an AI final, for example.

The value is that you get an All Ireland ticket as of right when your county gets to a final and you don’t have to go cap in hand to all and sundry. Also you get up off your hole and go to matches you might not otherwise go to because you’ve paid for it already.

5 Likes

So it favours the hard core followers over the one day a year event junkies who’ve taken off the Munster jersey for the weekend.

8 Likes

It’s a bit of both I think.

The season ticket is a great vehicle for somebody who goes to every game and it takes away the hassle of chasing an AI ticket should your county qualify.

Clubs often give out as their allocation is reduced but it can be pointed out that many season ticket holders are members of clubs and are not now looking for tickets through them, so it balances out to a degree.

Next year’s iteration seems to have squeezed the punters as the GAA, like the scorpion, will always bite.

Poor ol GAA, trying to gather up a few bob to fund the out of control spending by county squads around the country, most notably the ones trying to keep up with those funded by massive sugar daddies.

Plenty not going to games and passing the ticket around for attendance purposes and shur plenty of counties aren’t getting any where near an AIF.

I’d go to 78% of games in a year and prefer the cap in hand system myself. I can see my attendance stats drop to 50% levels when/ if i have to start bringing the kids.

Sure you’re in with a Cark club now, you’ll have to bring the kids to support their county soon enough

1 Like

I know :sob:… Thankfully both play each other every year. I can only imagine the hell the likes of @Locke goes to trying to squeeze in Kilkenny and Cork games every year

1 Like

https://twitter.com/fotoole13/status/1734225546383368408?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

I used it a lot in the early days, especially when I was living down home. Think I had in 2009-17. The only time I was in Walsh Park was for a league game I probably wouldn’t have attended only for the ticket. I’d a few great years of 100% attendance and it was nice to have the reward of the guaranteed ticket at the end. I’d struggle to make league games now (eyeing up the Dublin and Antrim games for Tipp as both are relatively local to me).