Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

I wouldnā€™t really go joining up a whole province but in rugby and soccer donā€™t provinces have teams ?

Everyone has a chance to be in Sam with the current format though. Look at Sligo this year. A soft provincial draw any year or a win in the tailteann can put you in it.

You go to the AGM you only end up getting a job.

Nail on head. :clap::clap:

2 Likes

I commented on that in relation to a post @Massey made yesterday in the Munster hurling thread

They want the whole thing to fail.

Its very, very obvious and yet the split season zealots continue to lap it up.

Publicity through incompetence.

The All-Ireland hurling quarter-finals look likely to be another clusterfuck.

If, as seems likeliest, the games are Galway v Tipperary and Clare v Dublin, there is likely to be another venue battle, as Galway are unlikely to concede to playing Tipperary in Thurles. If that game goes to Limerick, Dublin are unlikely to concede to playing Clare in Limerick as itā€™s a quasi-home venue for Clare.

This means the two games may have to be split rather than making up the exceedingly attractive double header we all want to go head to head with a Currie Cup clash.

Thankfully thereā€™s no clash with the Currie Cup final this year so that should free up a bit of space on the TV scheduling. In any case the Brave and Faithful from Munster gatecrash the Currie Cup Final this season. It would be a real pity if that relatively enticing quarter-final double wasnā€™t played as a doubleheader. Although it wonā€™t carry quite the same razzmatazz with Dublin taking Wexfordā€™s place this year.

3 Likes

The TV Scheduling will be most interesting with the 4x Preliminary Football Quarter Finals all on the same day too.

Whatā€™ll be on RTE and what will GoGo TV pick up?

We could get Breakfast Time throw inā€™s.

1 Like

Cillian Buckley getting married the Saturday of All Ireland weekend as he mixed up the date the All Ireland would be played. I think he might have been working off the 2022 calendarā€¦

Anyway would never have happened only for the split seasonā€¦

The split season zealots wonā€™t be happy until they ruin his marriage. The cunt.

How do you cap a county like Limerick who have JP bankrolling them? Would academyā€™s be banned?A cap is a great idea but itā€™s unworkable,it should have been brought in 20 years ago.Too many people making money out of it these days.The horse has bolted.

Iā€™m not sure but itā€™s going to take a lot of money to be competitive now given there are so many games.

Kerry v Louth is not even being broadcast on the paywall. If Louth win by 1 point, Kerry would be eliminated if Cork lose by 3 points or less or donā€™t lose at all.

The gaa should never go professional. 25 years on and rubby is falling apart

2 Likes

Iā€™d strongly agree.

From a hurling point of view imo the schedule is far too tough on players. Thereā€™s clearly players playing injured and some players just looked crocked.

Weā€™ve had round robins in 18,19, 22 and 23 now but a much lighter schedule in 20 and 21. I wouldnā€™t like to guess what the causality toll will look like when weā€™ve 5 seasons in a row like this one.

Given the rushed nature of the championships in inter county and a lot of club championships playing through injuries is far more tempting than before.

Iā€™d also worry the inter county players will be pressured into getting themselves right during the club window.

I also think the schedule really suits the teams with greater depth which again makes it a little less competitive.

Iā€™d be getting rid of at least the league semi finals and possibly another round of the league so you can space the round robin games two weeks apart. That would be a small help for players at least. I think that would be better for fans to follow the games as well.